Rep System

GameFreak

I know I'm new here, but I noticed that this is a Vbulltin board. I know that VB boards have a rep system, anyways I noticed that this one does not. I'm wondering if it is because this is an older version of the software, or it has been disabled or something.

Maybe because it's felt we don't need it here. I've never seen it as being particularly useful myself.

True. There's no need.

But, we have an Infractions system. I really don't know how it is set up, but from what I've seen in some other forums, it works like this:

For each infraction you get a number of points (variable) and when those point reach a certain limit you get a penalty like not being able no post in some forums, not being able to visit some forums, not being able to post at all... etc.

It's the little flashlight next to "Report Post" and "View IP".

Last edited:
If could work, if the rep could be used as a "coin". But just having rep to show off... is as useful as the post count. Only leads into trouble.

I can see how having a post-count shown can lead to spamming, but what is wrong with a rep system? What trouble could it cause? It shouldn't be any worse then the post count. I know of plenty vbulltin boards that have the rep system enabled. Again I know I'm new here, but I think the rep system would be good to have.

If people start spamming, we can just give them short bans to give them the message that we don't take to that shit. I think it's also quite possible to reset post counts on this system, which could quite effectively discourage spammers.

But I don't think we need a rep system. It's better that the helpful posters get known by reputation rather than some green thing sitting by their name.

I'm a bit surprised, as all the vbulltin boards I've been to have had the rep system enabled. There are even PHPBB board users that want a rep system. Although I recentley found a mod(phpbb) that allows for that.

Back
Top Bottom