Recording Software & Equipment

GeminiMan

Alright, so I'm about ready to start putting mics to amps and attempt to dub my vocals until they hopefully sound decent. So, for those of you who are into producing music, what home recording software would you recommend? What are the best microphones for guitar, bass, and vocals? Or, for guitar and/or bass, is it better to use the Direct Outs and record that way? How about recommended headphones for playback?

I'd like to try doing as much as possible on my own. I also know some rappers with a studio and stuff, and paying them to help record and mix would probably be easiest, but that'd get spendy and a little tedious if I did more than a song or two. My old band also has an array of mics, but I don't really want to have to borrow them unless I need Travis's PA system. I'll probably also be having him do drums anyway. Not to mention, I could use my own mic for future bands.

My current equipment is as follows...
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider II 112 guitar amp
Fender Precision bass w/ Seymour Duncan Bassline pick-ups
Fender Rumble 100 bass amp

If anyone can help me out with any of my questions or if you guy have any advice on recording, that'd be greatly appreciated. I'll be checking in with another band I know that's done some recording and those damned dirty rappers tomorrow or the day after prolly too, but I thought I'd leave a message here as I'm sure some of you have some experience with this stuff.

And yes, if worst comes to worst, it'd be possible to rent studio time and have semi-pro mixing done. But that'd be quite spendy at the moment. And would take some of the fun out of things.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom