Recent romhacking ventures

Gavin_86

I've taken a break from my main romhacking undertakings to do some rather avante gard hacking side-projects. This is something that is really close to my heart and expresses a lot about my inner self. I really hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

(as an side, I have nicknamed this "The Acid" hack, for no real reason. Also this was heavily inspired while stoned and watching A Clockwork Orange)

http://gavin.panicus.org/acid.ipspatch</a> (SMB1)

That's great!

> I've taken a break from my main romhacking undertakings to
> do some rather avante gard hacking side-projects. This is
> something that is really close to my heart and expresses a
> lot about my inner self. I really hope you all enjoy it as
> much as I enjoyed creating it.

Holy shit, I love that! But I think you were lying. That was inspired by, ahem, _acid_. I've done acid and I know that someone who hasn't done acid could never come up with something like that because it just reeks of acid. I remember watching a cartoon and thinking "this guy was an acid", and well, it turns out he DID do a lot of acid. Then this girl I know showed me a picture she drew and I asked her if she was tripping on acid when she made it, and she said yes. So, yeah, you were totally on acid when you made that. It just gives me that "acid" vibe. And it's not mushrooms either, I know that because I can tell the difference between something with acid vibrations and mushrooms vibrations. The mind on acid embraces the hyperreal, the mind on mushrooms seeks to escape into the "spirit world" and if it doesn't, falls into despair. I hereby accuse you of tripping your balls off, on acid, when you came up with that. And don't you dare try to deny it. And yes, I realize this has to be the most bizarre feedback anyone has received on a rom hack but I KNOW YOU WERE ON ACID, DON'T TRY TO DENY IT :) AND OH MY GOD, that is simultaneously one of the coolest things and the funniest things I've ever seen. It's like playing Super Mario Bros. with a Mario that's having a horrible trip while he's trying to desperately maintain his failing grip on reality, so that he can get away from all the GODDAMN WALKING MUSHROOMS that are trying to FUCKING KILL HIM GODDAMMIT! AND I CAN'T GET PAST THE FIRST LEVEL, FUCK.

BTW, anyone remember when people were like always talking about fucking tripping on emulation message boards? What the fuck was that and why did that stop?

NOTE: THIS POST IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF ANY FELONY

Re: That's great!

Nah... Gavin is a stoner through and through, Arrogant. Back when I had never smoked stoners used to accuse me of being a stoner. I had long curly hair back then. I cut it off to get rid of the asociation. Then I started smoking (oh the irony!). The moral of this story is that you, sir, are completely bat shit and have no way of ascertaining whether or not he was, in fact, tripping when he did this. (for the record, before anyone gets pissed I'm just messing around. None of that is really supposed to be taken seriously (almost). I kind of just wanted to call Jaduss by his old name and use the word bat shit in there somewhere). Besides, I'll take shrooms any day. I'm paranoid about manufactured shit like that. Whew... that was a whole lot of unecesary in that paragraph.

Me and the gav meister are going to do something quite nasty with this already-migraine-inducing hack.

> Me and the gav meister are going to do something quite nasty
> with this already-migraine-inducing hack.
>

Haha, I was just fucking around too really, I was in no way 100% actually sure that he was tripping, although I did have my suspicions based on previous hunches, and felt it was an opportunity to throw in some pseudo-intellectual new-age Terrence McKenna type shit and demented psychedelic sentence structuring and verbiage. That is an AWESOME hack though, the way you have to pay attention to your sense of "You are here" in order to not die is really cool. If you could make the speed of the game waver between fast and slow, that would be the ultimate coup, and would literally cause a person to descend into fits of twitching madness as they tried to comprehend how the FUCK to keep Mario from DYING ALL THE TIME.

Speaking of trippy, Infected Mushroom is the shit. If possible I'd like to get rushjet1's permission to use www.crystaltenshi.com/~bit-blade/rushjet1_-_infected_mushroom_bust_a_move_revamp.nsfthis</a> in there (if bbits method can be used here).

Failing that I could possibly use some of the very broken tracks in this NSF I hand broke myself in a hex editor about 3 years ago.
www.crystaltenshi.com/~bit-blade/Broken_glass.nsf Zelda 2 on crack</a>

If that idea is unworkable there is still this to fall back on. This is some of the most headache indusing music I've heard come out of an emulator and would suit this hack just fine. The music loops are VERY long. They vary from 3 minutes to perhaps as mucha s 7.
www.crystaltenshi.com/~bit-blade/Scary.nsfLost your mind yet?</a>

Back
Top Bottom