Question about the rules...

Darthatron

Is it against the rules to "grave-dig" (to post in a thread which has not been posted in for more than a month) here? I read the rules quickly and there was nothing in there saying there was anything against it, but I thought it might be counted as spam? Anyway... replies would be nice.

Thank you.

If it's relevant to the thread in question, I see no problem with it, and althouh I can't speak for the rest of the staff here, I have seen many instances of this happening with no repercussions. Just stay on topic.

Is it against the rules to "grave-dig" (to post in a thread which has not been posted in for more than a month) here? I read the rules quickly and there was nothing in there saying there was anything against it, but I thought it might be counted as spam? Anyway... replies would be nice.

Thank you.

Spam is a post or reply that is to advertise a site or product. It's alright to link to a site in a post but it should have some relavance to your post or something other than just advertising.

Basically if you follow the rules, don't screw with people "flaming/trolling", don't ask for roms, bios's, or other illegal stuff "warez", and just act like a normal person "really a lot of leeway with that statement, lol" then you'll enjoy a long membership here.

Have fun. :D

If it's relevant to the thread in question, I see no problem with it, and althouh I can't speak for the rest of the staff here, I have seen many instances of this happening with no repercussions. Just stay on topic.
That's basically how I would see it. If it's something relevant to the thread, then great. Otherwise, I might warn you about it, but it isn't something that is bannable (unless someone does it constantly).

I didn't expect it to be bannable, I just thought it might make some mods very angry. ^^

Thanks everyone.

Let me explain this. Yesterday I was on one time and this one new fake user was on and was advertising in one post wigs "hairpieces" and there were other ads by them for other stuff in 2 other forums and the person was making another one when I left.

For a reader here if this was not banable this forum would be full of ads and soon most would leave and we wouldn't get new ones.

For the owner of the forum "Edman" he would not only have to watch his forum die from real users leaving he would also have to eventually have to close the forum since he would be paying for bandwidth of a dieing forum which also fuels the usage of the archive, but he would also have to pay for the bandwidth of displaying those advertisements which he isn't making a cent from and is actually costing him.

I hope this helps explain this for you.

Let me explain this...

Yeah, I think we're all on the same page, basically: It's the content of a post that's most important- irrelevant mass spam posts and thoughtful, relevant posts are quite different beasts.

That said, even if it's not a deliberate abuse of the message board the way actual spam is, excessively reviving dead threads can get annoying. However, in the case of this board right now, what constitute a dead thread is somewhat debatable; the volume of posts right now is a tiny fraction of what it was before ZD's reboot, and in a low-activity forum, a thread from a few weeks before might still be considered sort of active, simply by virtue of the fact that not much new discussion has taken place to displace the several-week-old thread from our attention (nor literally pushed the several-week-old thread down the thread index).

Let me explain this. Yesterday I was on one time and this one new fake user was on and was advertising in one post wigs "hairpieces" and there were other ads by them for other stuff in 2 other forums and the person was making another one when I left.

For a reader here if this was not banable this forum would be full of ads and soon most would leave and we wouldn't get new ones.

yes, the difference is that this is spam.

Back
Top Bottom