PSP Homebrew: Fuse 0.9.0.1, a Sinclair Spectrum Emulator

dangwoot

Homebrew developer uberjack does it again. Already responsible for several emulators for the PSP - including ColEm, fMSX, and Caprice32 - uberjack now gives us a Free Unix Spectrum Emulator - otherwise known as Fuse - a Sinclair Spectrum emulator.

The Sinclair Spectrum system had a lot of games during its time, so you won't be at a loss for retro gaming with this emulator. Another great thing about uberjack's release is support for ZIP files. Here's what uberjack has to say about the release:

Joining the cornucopia of emulators today is a port of the Free Unix Spectrum Emulator (Fuse), a Sinclair Spectrum emulator. A nice addition to the PSP port is support for ZIP files.

I’m happy with most of the port, however, there is an issue with intermittent tape loading hangs that I will be investigating further. To mitigate this issue (and Spectrum’s slow tape loads), I'm (grudgingly, for those of you who remember Caprice32 ;) ) adding support for Z80 files from the game tab. The 'autoload slot' feature is also available.

Be sure to read the documentation included in the download archive for more information. The readme includes information such as installation, controls, and known issues.

You Can Find It On Our Fuse Page Located Here.

News Source: Kojote - PDRoms.de

Last edited by a moderator:
You should probably give a mention to Kojote/PDRoms, since it was in the submit emulation section for a long time now (I don't know if you saw it there, but if not, you should have a look there before posting.

Also, I've edited the thread title to add the version numbering.

I have no clue what character encoding you're using, but on my computer the article on the home page displays every apostrophe as an unknown character.

Yeah, especially seeing as I'm using Windows XP, Internet Exploder...er, Explorer, and the default character encoding.

Works fine for me on Kubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 2. It's weird though, because the apostrophe in "I'm" isn't an apostrophe at all, it's a right single quotation mark instead, which makes it look a bit weird and obviously seems to break some (lesser) browsers. The quotes around "autoload shot" use the characters correctly (starting with a left single quotation mark, then ending with a right single quotation mark).

Whoever made the coding for this seems to be a bit too clever for their own good. The quotation marks are all using character entity references, which should be a fairly foolproof way of doing things, but ends up breaking Internet Explorer for some reason. It may look better if the characters are typed directly rather than using character entity references.

‘autoload slot’

How does that look to you? Looks absolutely fine for me in Firefox, and the code shows the characters rather than character entity references. If this way works in IE too, tell the author of that page.

Back
Top Bottom