Prepare for a newer, better, ZD!

Reaper man

(notice: please read this announcement in the forums in order to see the images)

OK, for those who've known me on the boards, I've been known to hate Apple with a fiery passion. I've told many apple users to get a PC etc. Well, while I was hanging out with my neighbor a week ago, we got into a very heated argument on which computer is better, Mac, or PC. The argument ended where he made a bet that if I tried OSX for a week, I'd be hooked. Well, I've been playing with OSX on his macbook for around a week now, and well, he won the bet, I love it. I may owe him $50 now, but I'll gladly pay him as he introduced me into the light... the light if a beautifully styled apple with a bite out of it. Well, I've taken that bite now, and as well as selling my current rig for a nice, shiny new iMac (and possibly I shall get an iPad if I have enough left over, we'll see), I'll be revamping the site. Here's a couple of photos of me enjoying the greatness that is apple (sorry about the quality, all my neighbors and I had at the moment was a cameraphone... booo).

me-OSX1.png

me-mac.png

Yeah, the camera used for this was pretty damn awful

See, after seeing the beauty of Apple hardware, I've realized that for years I've been betting for the wrong team so to speak. OSX is so much easier to use (once you get used to it) than windows, and INSANELY more stable. In the time I've used it I haven't had a single crash, hang up, malware, spyware, or any other issues, unlike Winblows (my new name for that operating system from Microsuck) which gave me issues left and right (which I didn't really pubicly disclose, because at the time, I didn't want mac fanboys giving me hell about it). So, in order to motivate and encourage the poor misguided PC users to the Apple Side, I am hereby announcing that as of today, we are completely removing support for emulators for Windows and Linux. I will keep the emulators themselves up for a day or two, for anyone that want to archive them, but from here on out, Zophar.net WILL be a Mac emulation site, as I feel that PC users should drop whatever they are doing anyway, and get a computer that isn't a buggy piece of garbage. Further more, any staff members that were working on PC emulators (ew) will now be reassigned to the exclusive mac section. Any attempt to post PC emulation news will be fired/banned on the spot. I also plan to inject some Javascript hacks next week to redirect users running winblows or linux to the apple website, so that they see what a real computer looks like! :D

To our current Mac users, I hope you enjoy the changes and continue to visit ZD. As for everyone else, get with the program and hit up the apple store today!

I agree you can see the gayness in that a mile way. Just one thing to point out OSX IS based off Linux architecture so that would be pointless for a redirect for Linux users. Thanks for trying to freak me out but IT DIDN'T WORK! EPIC PHAIL!

Wow... you certainly are mislead. So is any person who tries to argue which is better... Mac or PC...there's not that much difference to the two. In fact the operating systems themselves have the same basic makeup for the actual structure of the coding. The only differences really are that Mac used to use those crappy PowerPC chips, they got smart and went with Intel= more software compatibility. Also Macs are certainly NOT virusless/errorless/etc. I used to have one...they have problems also. (Unless you're talking about Vista=shit)
Also why would you remove support of all Windows stuff... that is just a dumb move. Period. It may be your personal choice for mac but that's your opinion, it shouldn't have to be ours. Period.

I was worried for a second, completely forgot about April 1 being a significant holiday on the interwaste.

NOOOOOO!!! I'm keeping my PC. I do however have the ability to dual boot into either Windows 7 or Leopard 10.5.8.

This is one weak-ass April 1 ...

My favorite ZD April Fools prank was the fake DMCA takedown notice. That was classic.

I don't think this one was very good, but I do appreciate the staff keeping tradition alive.

I wasn't fooled. :p

Saying staff would be fired on the spot, that was over the top. If the reader didn't know it was a joke by then, well, they should've.

Back
Top Bottom