pcsx2 0.9.7 (r3113) saving config issue

schmocke

Hi folks. Since I got my new PC I wanted to tryout PS2 emulation.
I downloaded latest beta of pcsx2 along with the August 2010 updated plugins. I dumped two of my PS2 Discs with imgburn (Tekken 5 PAL and Psychonauts PAL). So, I thought I was ready to emulate a PS2 on Windows 7 x64.
But - after first time start of pcsx2, where you have to setup everything (main program files stored in a "games" folder on C:, inis and config were recommended and should go to ../documents/pcsx2) I wasn´t able to save config. The console of pcsx2 tells me that it´s unable to save settings (some *.tmp file can´t be moved, access denied). Mh, I tried rightclick>run as Administrator so far but problem persists.
Yes, emulation starts on default settings - but that´s no option.
Any ideas?

I was going to suggest you run as Admin...had the same problem when I first tried PCSX2 on Windows 7 x64, and that fixed it. Hm...it sounds like the same problem, pretty weird that it's still not working.

Mh, weird indeed. I´ll try it again. But another question - since you already used pcsx2 on W7: it is really necessary that the emulator creates a folder in ..user/documents? I would like that config folder to be created in my games/emulation folder. Everything out of c:\programfiles should work, I guess!?

At least if you were able to save the config somewhere else it wouldn't have any 'run as admin' issues probably. I'm not sure if it can be changed and how to do it though. I never had to change it so I didn't bother.

Back
Top Bottom