Official Youtube thread

Hm...what's the big deal with having other video sites linked? Sure, we can't embed them, but other than that...

Not to make a new subject but besides downloading music vids to extract the mp3's ;) I really haven't seen many Youtube video's I like and I was on this awesome website today that stubleupon found and even though the video's were mesmerizing I didn't post any of them since they were not Youtube which was a shame. I also didn't save the site address since I've already seen them so I can post them now.

That's all I wanted to say. Thanks

Not to make a new subject but besides downloading music vids to extract the mp3's ;) I really haven't seen many Youtube video's I like and I was on this awesome website today that stubleupon found and even though the video's were mesmerizing I didn't post any of them since they were not Youtube which was a shame. I also didn't save the site address since I've already seen them so I can post them now.

That's all I wanted to say. Thanks

http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10526

Oh it wasn't funny. It was video's with this awesome background music. It was of real life scenes with moving people and vehicles but speed up a little and they used a special lens to make everythings depth look shallow. I actually thought I was looking at a model railroad the effect was so pronounced but found it was a real train and the construction site looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie but so realistic but so much like tiny models at the same time and with the music they used it was even more so.

LOL KFC Double Down

Yes, that's me, and yes, I refer to myself as "bmecoli" here as that is what I went by when I made this account.

okay now I want some fried food!
I have a coupon for Captain D's Chicken Dinner ($4.99) that they spam 4 copies to me everyday in my mail box with the rest of the junk!

I don't know if the Double Down is a culinary monstrosity or some damned clever marketing (people don't even need to be paid to talk about it) or both. :)

I don't know if any of you like this show like I do, but I feel like I need to post this song since it's so made of win. I couldn't believe it when I saw this one earlier and suddenly this song started.

*edit*
Collin, that's insane. I almost can't imagine seeing that coming down the road. :p

OK, my turn. No idea how I found this, but the WTF factor of it is pretty high:

In fact, the WTF factor was so high that I went off to find the old video,
and found that someone had actually done a UV Max speedrun of it, something I had previously considered effectively impossible:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...that WAD is easily one of the weirdest Doom levels I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of weird Doom levels. :D

I remember playing that in DOS on win3.11 WFW back in like 94 but it was call Spear of Destiny when I played it. Probably a hack though since a friend of my mom gave it to us. Coolest game around back then until I discovered Duke Nukem. I then found out you could play a game for 16 hrs till you couldn't feel your arms, fingers, or ass and still wanted to play more. :)

Are you sure you weren't playing Wolfenstein 3D? There's an add-on for that game called Spear of Destiny, and it does look a lot like Doom, except for the Nazis (Doom's game engine is based on that used in Wolf3D).

Are you sure you weren't playing Wolfenstein 3D? There's an add-on for that game called Spear of Destiny, and it does look a lot like Doom, except for the Nazis (Doom's game engine is based on that used in Wolf3D).

It was Wolfenstein 3D like you said I just didn't know it was an addon. I guess I learned something today.

How dare you insult poor DooM like that! D:

How dare you insult poor DooM like that! D:

Doom was a great game when it came out. I played it way to much. I remember when Heretic or maybe it was Hexen came out, OMG! I remember how cool that looked to. Unfortunately I was distracted by the graphics I ended up dying dozens of times before I could even get halfway through the first castle/gameplay area.

I have enjoyed Doom and the others over the years and maybe one day I'll get a chance to play Doom 3 and see if it's as cool as I've heard.

I have enjoyed Doom and the others over the years and maybe one day I'll get a chance to play Doom 3 and see if it's as cool as I've heard.
I've heard some criticisms myself, such as the fact that in dark areas you can carry a gun or a flashlight, but you have to put one away to use the other. Because, of course, you can't have guns with lights attached to them and there's obviously no way to use a gun and a regular flashlight at the same time.

I'd be more inclined to give Half-Life 2 a go myself.

Edit: On the subject of Doom, here's a strange dream I once had:

No, seriously, I did have a strange dream way back when where Barney the Purple Dinosaur replaced a Baron of Hell on a map I was playing. Except Barney was green for some reason. I killed him with the rocket launcher.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom