Official introductions thread

Looks pretty cool. I think that my favorite one off of that site would have to be the Kaos Islands hack where there are heart containers and lava boots.

Thank you. :)
Oh yeah, I know Kaos Islands. iQue is a pretty damn good hacker. However, not he made the ASM stuff he used (as you mentioned the lava boots and heart containers), but the level design and the whole concept is great. He made a few other hacks too, but yeah, this is the best from him I guess.
Oh...and sorry for off-topic, if it's so strict here (it is actually at many other forums)...^^

Oh...and sorry for off-topic, if it's so strict here (it is actually at many other forums)...^^

It's not really a problem unless the topic is about answering a question or something. This is, after all, the introductions thread :p

Nice.

Is it wrong that I want to edit your name so that it says "Hardon" and your title to say "Engorged Member?"

Ha, I thought it said hardon at first, so no, it's not wrong. Besides, special titles are rare here, and should be seen as a priviledge, no matter how dirty they may be.

Ha, I thought it said hardon at first, so no, it's not wrong. Besides, special titles are rare here, and should be seen as a priviledge, no matter how dirty they may be.

Right up until at another forum he says "yeah I hang out a ZD also, just look for Hardon." :lol:

It's called The Big Boo's Legion. Well, considering that it's my fist hack ever, it's pretty good in my opinion...but the second part will be a lot of better.

Hmm, that looks pretty interesting (some nice graphical choices too...wouldn't have thought imported Yoshi's Island stuff would look so nice in Mario World). Looks more professional than many hacks I've played. :p

Anyway, welcome to the boards. :bigthumbup:

Oh wow, so many replies.
Reaper man: haha, it seems, it's a quite big honour here, to get custom title, but sadly, I'm not part of dirty things. :p Ah, so many people misread my nickname, but it's just a particle. But I'm not going to change my name, it still sounds cool in my opinion.
The 9th Sage: Thank you! Well, it's not so professional compared to the best hacks, I could do it better, but I'll spend more energy to the second part. Well, here is the thread for the sequel, though I'm on a little hiath right now.
Edit: actually you can guess, English isn't my native language, so there can be a few grammar errors. I'm sorry for them in advance.

Edit: actually you can guess, English isn't my native language, so there can be a few grammar errors. I'm sorry for them in advance.
Don't worry about it, it's easy to recognize the difference between a non-native speaker who is trying and a native speaker whose preferred method of typing is to just mash their face on the keyboard.

Oh wow, so many replies.
Reaper man: haha, it seems, it's a quite big honour here, to get custom title, but sadly, I'm not part of dirty things. :p Ah, so many people misread my nickname, but it's just a particle. But I'm not going to change my name, it still sounds cool in my opinion.
The 9th Sage: Thank you! Well, it's not so professional compared to the best hacks, I could do it better, but I'll spend more energy to the second part. Well, here is the thread for the sequel, though I'm on a little hiath right now.

Don't worry, I won't change anything. That would be rather mean of me. Also, I'll make note of your non native speaking of English.... I only have huge issues with the idiot native English speakers that can't type properly.

Anyway, in regards to your hacks, do you do any actual hacking (ie: modifying/writing your own ASM) or do you only use pre-made level/graphics editing tools? Just wondering.

Anyway, in regards to your hacks, do you do any actual hacking (ie: modifying/writing your own ASM) or do you only use pre-made level/graphics editing tools? Just wondering.

Partially, yes. I can do a bit ASM, and writing HDMA codes, although I use almost always pre-made sprites and stuff (because they're just better than mine). I just use tools, I wouldn't be able to make "big" programs for hacking, since I'm not that clever. Actually, not many people make programs, the most of people just use it, so I don't feel bad. :)
I can make my own graphics and insert them into the hack too, but it's not that hard. However, a tool inserts it, without the tool it would be hella hard, I bet.

Don't worry about it, it's easy to recognize the difference between a non-native speaker who is trying and a native speaker whose preferred method of typing is to just mash their face on the keyboard.

Yes, we can see that the effort is there. Don't worry about it.

How's it going Zophar's Domain. I'm new here and figured I might as well give a shout out to the community. I've known of this place since at least 2004, but never felt the incentive to sign up until now. With a sudden appearance of free time on my part and reemergence of the site, I figured now was a better time then any to join.

Back
Top Bottom