Official introductions thread

Then let the pics be posted to prove me wrong.

There were reasons you got banned before. Keep it up and it'll happen again I'm sure. I don't honestly know why you have to be a dick now when you were getting along with people ok for so long (which is why you weren't re-banned for evading a ban with a different nick...it isn't like no one knew who you were).

Great looking site.

I had to reregister also. My account was registered to an email addy long forgotten. I am so glad that the damn cat is gone off the logo. That was terrible! I am glad Edman has finally given that cat some antifreeze!

It is nice to see news being updated also. A beautiful job!

This is Prower, or rather should be Prower anyway, I can't access my actual account for some reason. :> I've sent both an e-mail and a private message to Edman about it so hopefully the issue will be resolved soon...in either case it's hardly important considering that the site is now live and being updated again! Thanks to everyone who put in the work to bring ZD back. :>

Haha. Ok, I admit it, I was responsible for the cat logo. I posted it to the Diaries board (right here) after Sam posted a picture of his cat. Some people suggested that it be the new logo and Sam (presumably) put it up there. I guess he forgot to eventually take it down...

Introductions galore!

Hello everybody!
I received the news of the reopening of Zophar's Domain early this morning, and quite pleased I am with it, I must say.
My name is Hernán, and I hail from Argentina. I'm 22, and I love gaming in all platforms, and many genres. My favourite ones are RPG, FPS, and Graphical Adventures, although I enjoy most of the other genres as well, save for sports. I hate bloody sports, in real life as well as in gaming... :D And my favourite consoles are the Sega Genesis and the Nintendo Famicom. I love retrogaming the most, which doesn't keep me from owning a PS2 and practicing my Guitar Hero mad skillz, or being delighted by the immersive gameplay experience delivered by, say, Ico or Katamary Damacy. But for all of my retrogaming needs I have my trusty PC and my GP2X.
My favourite game of all time is Final Fantasy VII, closely followed by Snatcher. As you might have guessed, I priorize storyline over anything else when looking for "serious" gaming, but I'm also quite fond of the rest for casual.
Well, I think that about covers everything pertinent I'd like to tell you all about me, guys. I simply want to add that I'm delighted the site's back, and that I hope to make new friends and share good written moments with all of you and our hobby in common: videogames.
Cheers!

Good day, everyone.

Hello. I have been lurking the forums since the site's inception in 1996(correct me if I'm wrong). Ever since then, I have noticed significant change. All I have to say is...

Whoever helped restore ZD to what it was before it became an archive deserves a tall frosty one. Kudos to you guys, and I hope that this site lives on for years.

Haha. Ok, I admit it, I was responsible for the cat logo. I posted it to the Diaries board (right here) after Sam posted a picture of his cat. Some people suggested that it be the new logo and Sam (presumably) put it up there. I guess he forgot to eventually take it down...

Haha, so it WAS YOU. It was YOUR FAULT! Now that I know it's a little more amusing.
(no big deal, anyway :p)

Who made the Swampgas inaugural SG logo? I thought that was hilarious. Unfortunately, my extensive image archive only contains the next-best logo, that which wears a hat.
zdlogo-xmas.jpg

Actually, now that I think about it, who made all the fancy site-update-person logos? It was always obvious when people provided their own, but generally there was a visual consistency among them.

Last edited:

He not only updated it... he deleted the original. I could not find ANY version of the logo without a cat. 15GBs of files, and Sam probably decided to save space by deleting the useful logo. The only other version of the ZD logo I could find was Halloween style. One girl with good photoshop skills managed to get rid of the cat and recolor it to make it into the current logo.

Back
Top Bottom