Official introductions thread

Hy everyone! I'm not good with intoductions so this is gona be quick!
This is my first post and first topic i open on the forum, so basically I am totally new here! :bigthumbup:
I registered here because I'm a fan of independent work developed in the area of emulation! So I'll be aware of the issues talked about here and will participate in the way that I possibly can!

Best regards

p.s. ow! and i'm not a bot like clatfulduder9 :mystery:

been reading ZD off and on sense 99 or so; joined about 02; left; registered now again cos im bored and lonely - Dead Alien >-|

I just wanted to stop in and say something. I've been using this site's utilities and music files and tools for years and I decided to stop lurking and say thanks to whomever's been keeping this site going and chock full of musical and emulatory goodies. :)

One of my best memories was the day I learned about emulation, around the same time I learned to use Google some ten-ish years ago. All the hours I spent searching for quality emulator-related sources, the majority of which at the time (as far as I could tell, being all of 13) were poorly constructed WYSIWYG, geocities/angelfire/etc based web pages, generally focused primarily on a particular console/emulator.

And then one day, sitting in "keyboarding" class in middle school, I happened to stumble upon something entirely different.

A plethora of several different emulators per console to choose from? An entire list of ROM haxxing tools for some of my favorite games? Translation patches for games I may have otherwise entirely missed?

That something, as it turned out, just so happened to be Zophar's Domain. I've used it as my go-to website when looking for new (different) emulators, plugins, just about anything emulation related. Only just today did I decide to register on the forums. And from what I've seen from here, I think I may just enjoy my stay. :)

They call me Wild Bill. People call me that because I am legally insane. My older brother used to be very active on the site and used it to his gain frequently. I checked the site out some time half a decade ago, but I didn't really need it because I was tech-dumb. I grew up and used it to save gigabytes for my VGM collection I keep updated for friends and cohorts. I checked out the forums to see them kind of dead, so I decided to pitch in for the team, for all of the support Zophar has provided for me.

Hello all. I used to be a semi-frequent member years ago, under the name World_Demise. I lost the password to that name and also the email address associated with it so I had to make a new name.

Hi everyone! :waves: Nice to meet you all. I'm sure I'll regret it with a few of you, and likewise a few of you with me, but he ho, such is life (*cue violins*)... :eek:utta here:

More seriously though, this looks like a cool place to hang out and learn a few things... :thumb up:

Erm, OK, so introductions... (I'm off-topic already, shame on me lol)

I'm Gethin (it's more a state of mind/mental illness than a name, but it functions as both), I live in London, and am half-man, half-turnip, and three quarters halfwit... I'm a big fan of maths, making music/noize, and generally anything SNESy. I have size 10 and a half feet too, if that helps...? :retard:

Genuinely seriously this time, but I look forward to meeting/annoying you all...

Well its nice to see someone here as enthusiastic as you here. Nice to meet you Dream Weaver! Kool name too! Too bad ZD forum is like the walking dead now. Its not nearly as lively as it used to be but its still here. An yeah, day one i got here i met asshole after asshole. It was a mean unfriendly site but enough good people to keep me interested and posting replies and stuff. Maybe some world event will trigger and ZD will have some life breathed into its forum. Welcome!:thumb up:

Hi everyone! :waves: Nice to meet you all. I'm sure I'll regret it with a few of you, and likewise a few of you with me, but he ho, such is life (*cue violins*)... :eek:utta here:

More seriously though, this looks like a cool place to hang out and learn a few things... :thumb up:

Erm, OK, so introductions... (I'm off-topic already, shame on me lol)

I'm Gethin (it's more a state of mind/mental illness than a name, but it functions as both), I live in London, and am half-man, half-turnip, and three quarters halfwit... I'm a big fan of maths, making music/noize, and generally anything SNESy. I have size 10 and a half feet too, if that helps...? :retard:

Genuinely seriously this time, but I look forward to meeting/annoying you all...

Welp, hi.
Before I get going, I'm not very tech savvy, or at least not compared to a lot of people on here. So I'm just going to expect to be chastised to hell and back.
I'm Sub, a 15 year old aspiring computer programmer and gamer. I found my way on here because of the NSF/GBS file list, so there's that.
I didn't realize until just now that this place isn't very lively... Too bad. I'll probably still lurk around, maybe learn some things.

Hello there, Lashen (Lash-en, not La-shen) here.

I've been visiting hosted websites for 10+ years; not sure why I hadn't joined up sooner.

Hmm...just noticed that signatures are disabled ?

Anyhow, my name is break and i am the creator of the hack "Pokemon Red Proud Eyes"

Picked up a Pokemon Red 3DS-XL this week and plan on picking up Pokemon-Y this month.

Feel free to add my 3DS friend code :

1864-9639-1699

* message me back, if you do, so i can do the same *

Hello,

I am Revenant, and though I was introduced to Emulation since '98 (M.A.M.E actually), I rarely posted at all as I more into gaming than anything.
I'm more into the 80 - 90's gaming than anything in the past 10 years; just picky that way. Heck I still play games on my old C128. The machine still runs!

Hello everybody!

I'm Raze, new to this community, nice to be here. I'm a fan of emulators and a programming grasshopper. Have to say I love DOS games.

Hey everyone.

I'm CM30, and I registered so I could submit my two finished SMW hacks (and eventually some save states of cancelled SNES game Mr Tuff) to the main site.

Hi, i'm Tenkarider, i'm new around here... anyway i'm a member of FF6hacking.com and Insane Difficulty site.

I mainly deal with hard challenges and i'm hacking FF6 at the moment.

The main reason why i joined here was to submit the final version of my FF6 boss challenge hack: Ultimate Czar Dragon challenge.
As mentioned above it's already the final release, after working on it for about 6 monts.

Currently i'm also hosting a FF6 contest in the 2 sites i mentioned above, it consists in short monthly tasks(hacked contents under many aspects)
and partecipants PM and link me their submission, within the time limit.

Now that i finished that boss hack i'm planning something else... if it will be feasible, i'm going to work on 1 or 2 FF6 projects, this time they will be full-game hacks.

Hopefully i'll hang there also for new reasons.

Back
Top Bottom