Official introductions thread

Man, I guess you're right. Here we go...

*edit: looks kinda big on this sleek new board. Maybe it outta be resized to about 70%. What do you think?

Looks perfect to me!

Goku: It was Zophar.malicia.net . The webarchive had a single copy, but all it had was that it had moved to zophar.net .

Gee, you're old!

Last edited:
Huh...site's finally back. Guess it's time for me to be back as well.

Though I doubt there are all too many people left that might remember me. It has been something like five years.

That being said, hi.

Hey Geechyguy. I remember you. I know you remember me. :) And JadussD, hi to you too! And to clear things up, the websites went like this:

www.geocities.com/?????? (September ? 1996 - November 9, 1996)

Pre November 9, 1996, when it was in beta stages, the exact URL lost to the sands of time...

www.ziplink.net/~shadow5 (November 9, 1996 - January 11, 1997)

The beginning. The alpha and the omega. Well maybe not the Omega. Ziplink wasn't very kind to ZD, as they did attempt to shut us down due to bandwidth usage several times and we didn't stay there too long as a result. However, ziplink of Philly started me on my internet quest and for that, I salute them!

zophar.ml.org (January 12, 1997 - March 17, 1997)

This was the monolith link in 1997 before we received a true subdomain. We were still hosted by Ziplink; it was basically a redirect.

silent.darkening.com/~zophar (March 18, 1997 -November 20, 1997)

Not too many people can remember this far back but this was during our forming stage. We were still trying to figure out our identity, and silent.darkening.com graciously allowed us some space to figure it out.

zophar.internexus.net (November 21, 1997 - March 22, 1998)

It was during this time that we started undergoing major face lifts which would continue all the way up until the purchase of our domain name, www.zophar.net, and the moving to ZTNet, where we have spent the most time! Internexus went bankrupt on March 22nd and Zophar's Domain went down for five days.

zophar.malicia.com (March 27, 1998 - June 12, 1998)

We moved to Malicia, courtesy of Ubu, who helped us while we planned our final move to ZTNet several months later.

www.zophar.net (June 13, 1998 - present)

The move to ZTNet complete, with Lev (Zach) our hero this time... we moved forward as www.zophar.net The rest is history!

I have verified this with my own official 4 year ZD backup from 1996-2000. So... we had 6 different URLs until we finally settled on ZTNet and became www.zophar.net. The end!

Last edited:
Hi there! :)

My name is Shadow, but not the Shadow you might know. I'm the one who founded Star Trans back in the better days of the scene. Star Trans was a German Romhacking Crew. I was involved in the following projects:

Final Fantasy 6, SNES
Legend of Mana, PSX
Phantasy Star 4, MD
and some others... as romhacker, translator and coordinator.

I loved these times. And I was proud to submit many patches to Zophar.
I also liked the technical files which helped me to understand the deeper logic of the console architecture. In Germany I supported also the other groups like G-Trans, Alemanic, SKUSS and Enigma. As a special partnership I remember ManuLoewe who retranslated FF6 and other games. He was also known as Cyan.

You can't imagine how important Zophar.net was for us in Germany. It was _THE_ source for anything.

Congratulations to zophars relaunch.

I have actually been on this message board for years, but when they switched servers, all of my login details were evidently erased, so I had to re-register under a new account. Behold, the member formerly known as Vampire Hunter D.

I have actually been on this message board for years, but when they switched servers, all of my login details were evidently erased, so I had to re-register under a new account. Behold, the member formerly known as Vampire Hunter D.

I still refer to your iNES header doc from time to time.

Aah, I've not seen you here in awhile. Welcome back. ;)

I'm totally not new to Zophar, but this name is.

I was formerly known as Kabucho. I'm an ex-ROM hacker who, like I said, does not hack NES ROM's anymore =P

Anyone in here that remembers me?

Well... once upon a time, I use to head up the ROM hacks department here at ZD. This was when Elazul was at the helm. I also made Quadruple Dragons (FF1 Hack)

Well... once upon a time, I use to head up the ROM hacks department here at ZD. This was when Elazul was at the helm. I also made Quadruple Dragons (FF1 Hack)

I certainly remember ya, as we were discussing at #rom-hacking. Perhaps you should consider starting to ROM hack again as we now have a better variety of tools to chose from.

I'm totally not new to Zophar, but this name is.

I was formerly known as Kabucho. I'm an ex-ROM hacker who, like I said, does not hack NES ROM's anymore =P

Anyone in here that remembers me?

Yeah, I remember you. I remember you were going to do this "Crash and the Boys" hack with people from the boards. :) As I recall, my stats were decent.

Back
Top Bottom