Now this is a video game sale

Hahaha, not surprised one of those is going for a huge premium. :) Those are the very definition of rare. Well, not as much as the gold World Championship carts, but still.

Wow, the most expensive retro gaming item I've ever considered buying is a sealed copy of Earthbound. It's hard to believe how much these items sell for, I can remember back when they were still in circulation. Makes me feel old :(

It's sad, really. There are people who make less than $20,000 a year, who are struggling to put food on the table, but some jack off thinks it's worthwhile to spend that kind of money on a crappy video game.

I find it hard enough to justify paying $60 for a good game that I'll get hours of enjoyment out of. I can't imagine the thought process of someone who would paying $20K for a game that's not even very good, just because it has "historical" value.

It doesn't bother me, it's their money and they're welcome to piss it away on whatever they'd like. I have to admit though, I would be very curious to see what collection this will be joining. If they were willing to spend that much on an NES cart, imagine what else they've collected.

They certainly have the *right* to spend their money as they please, but that doesn't mean they're not a worthless piece of shit for doing so.

It doesn't bother me, it's their money and they're welcome to piss it away on whatever they'd like. I have to admit though, I would be very curious to see what collection this will be joining. If they were willing to spend that much on an NES cart, imagine what else they've collected.

I see what you're both saying. I don't really care if someone spends the money, but I know I'd never do it.

It's sad, really. There are people who make less than $20,000 a year, who are struggling to put food on the table, but some jack off thinks it's worthwhile to spend that kind of money on a crappy video game.

I find it hard enough to justify paying $60 for a good game that I'll get hours of enjoyment out of. I can't imagine the thought process of someone who would paying $20K for a game that's not even very good, just because it has "historical" value.

I agree to an extent. I can't condemn, or justify it, but in the mmo i play, there is a "sword"/pixel in the game that some people have payed $1,000.00 US dollars for.

I'm in a decent guild , and eventually would like to get this item, but really , I can't get my head around HOW someone would be willing to throw 1k away for it o_O

Same as some of these games i guess.

The REAL question about cartridges like this is:

With so many openings in the casing (judging form the picture) where would you blow into if the cart didnt load properly? =P

They certainly have the *right* to spend their money as they please, but that doesn't mean they're not a worthless piece of shit for doing so.

So true... for some reason, this reminds me of the infamous "I Am Rich" app for the iPhone.

Probably be someone like that guy they posted an image of here a long time ago. He was standing in a room with shelves from floor to ceiling filling the entire room and it was just for his games and all the shelves were full. He had thousands upon thousands of games, it was amazing just seeing that many games. I believe someone like that this would be totally irresistible and the crown jewel of his collection and also make it the ONLY truely complete collection if it was an NES collection and NO ONE could ever match it since this is the only copy.

Definitely a big bragging point for a hardcore collector. :)

Wow, the most expensive retro gaming item I've ever considered buying is a sealed copy of Earthbound. It's hard to believe how much these items sell for, I can remember back when they were still in circulation. Makes me feel old :(

Got sealed copies of Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI and Super Metroid for 120 $CAN :)
Got Final Fantasy I for 40 $CAN, but my NES died :(

EDIT: Oops, no, they were not new, but in very good condition. My mistake.

Back
Top Bottom