New Super Mario Bros Wii

Cornellius

Anyone tried it ?

I just bought it, and I already love it. The graphics are nice (think 2.5 D), the game is hard, but not too hard, new power ups, team play, etc.

highly recommended.

I tried it at best buy and I fell in love. They brought back the Airship in the intro, and it plays like SMB3 but with a hovering yoshi!!

As a 2D and Sidescroller enthusiest, I have to buy this game!!

I actually got it as an early Christmas present. I have to admit, I'm really enjoying it. I really like the fact they seemed to take a lot more inspiration from SMB3 and SMW. Also, it could just be me but the controls seemed to be a bit tighter compared to the DS version (which is a good thing). I remember when playing New Super Mario Bros. on the DS it felt like Mario was sliding on ice.

My only complaint about the game is I think the price was a little on the steep side at $49.99. I'm a big fan of classic side-scrollers but the amount of content here just doesn't seem to justify the price. I think this should have launched as a $29.99 release.

Well, alot of people complain when a game costs that much and there isn't that much content in comparison to modern games, but I really don't care. I tend to have alot more fun playing a 2D game than I do playing a 3D game, so even if the game doesn't last as long, I'm still having alot more fun playing it.

Anyways, think of back in the day, spending like $40 on Megaman X and then beating it in an hour. It's still one of my favorite games.

I haven't got it yet, but I will probably end up getting it as a Christmas present (and if I don't, I'm totally buying it the next day ;).

I played a little bit at a Gamestop and immediately loved it. I've also heard that it's rather difficult at times (at least to the degree of Mario 3) and that has me intrigued. I don't want any spoilers of it, but I think I heard somewhere the final boss battle was amazing.

A friend of mine picked it up, because he has a Wii, and he was very surprised by it. So I went over to his house and tried it, and the game is a blast to play, I really enjoy it.

Well, alot of people complain when a game costs that much and there isn't that much content in comparison to modern games, but I really don't care. I tend to have alot more fun playing a 2D game than I do playing a 3D game, so even if the game doesn't last as long, I'm still having alot more fun playing it.

Anyways, think of back in the day, spending like $40 on Megaman X and then beating it in an hour. It's still one of my favorite games.

When I bought megaman X the day it came out, I spent 100 bucks on it and beat it the same day also. (friggin' kmart.. but then again I even remember mario 3 being 99.99 here when launched for NES.)

At the time I was kinda pissed about it being so easy... but it is still to this day so fun to have a megaman game you can pretty much fly through and have a hell of a good time doing it.

On topic of new SMB , I have yet to try it. It looks great though. I'm mainly blown away by the fact that there is a level editor already xD

When I bought megaman X the day it came out, I spent 100 bucks on it and beat it the same day also. (friggin' kmart.. but then again I even remember mario 3 being 99.99 here when launched for NES.)

You have Kmarts over there? Hah, sounds like a ripoff though, 99.99...

Ah, so anyways, I went to EB games and videotron / microplay yesterday, and apparantly I 'wont fing a copy of new mario wii anywhere in Canada until mid january'.

Got it, beat it.

My wife started her own file and beat it too, without even warping. Not a lot of guys are married to women who can beat New Super Mario Bros Wii.

I give you a new challenge run for the game.
Spin Jump only, complete all level by spin jump only.
You are allowed to...
-Spin Jump
-Use Propeller Suit
-Wall Jump after Spin Jump
-Swim
-Jump normally out of water since you can't Spin Jump
-Shoot Ice/Fire and throw objects normally
-Use Yoshi if you don't jump, good luck with that
Just try completing 1-fortress and 1-5 that way, without the Propeller Suit.

Need to try that on World 2, 1's insane enough.

I always liked playing through mario 3 while constantly in the crouching position, moving by jumping and by using momentum to slide around. Obviously sometimes you have to run, like in world 6 when you are required to fly up high with the koopa shell for example, but that's alot of fun.

I always liked playing through mario 3 while constantly in the crouching position, moving by jumping and by using momentum to slide around. Obviously sometimes you have to run, like in world 6 when you are required to fly up high with the koopa shell for example, but that's alot of fun.

You would love the penguin suits then. Those things are pretty fun to slide around with.

Also, had a chance to really do multiplayer for the first time the other day. It made the game more chaotic, but it was a lot of fun. We each caused the other's death a few times, but mostly it was more funny than annoying (like the time my friend was jumping over a fireball, and I did like a sliding duck to avoid it and they bounced off of my head right into another fireball...did NOT expect that to happen :p).

Back
Top Bottom