New staff positions!

Reaper man

due to the loss of a couple of staff members here, we have positions open in the following:

- News: Rom Hacks and Utilities
Responsibilities:
-- Will review add submitted ROMs to the database, as well (s)he finds on his own.
-- Will add/update any ROM Hacking utilities that (s)he comes across.
-- Will, of course, post any site update resulting from the tasks above on the front page.
Requirements:
-- Must have enough free time to take this seriously. I'm talking checking around for updates and such daily. If you feel that your schedule is too busy, then don't bother.
-- Must be active in the rom hacking scene. Basically, being a regular member at saaay, RHDN or something similar should suffice.

- News: Emulators for PC (Windows)
- News: Emulators for PC (Other OS Linux/Mac)

Responsibilities and requirements for those positions are similar to Rom Hacking.

If you are interested, please shoot a PM to me (don't have an account yet? Register!) and thank you for browsing ZD!

due to the loss of a couple of staff members here, we have positions open in the following:

- News: Rom Hacks and Utilities
Responsibilities:
-- Will review add submitted ROMs to the database, as well (s)he finds on his own.
-- Will add/update any ROM Hacking utilities that (s)he comes across.
-- Will, of course, post any site update resulting from the tasks above on the front page.
Requirements:
-- Must have enough free time to take this seriously. I'm talking checking around for updates and such daily. If you feel that your schedule is too busy, then don't bother.
-- Must be active in the rom hacking scene. Basically, being a regular member at saaay, RHDN or something similar should suffice.

Responsibilities and requirements for those positions are similar to Rom Hacking.

If you are interested, please shoot a PM to me (don't have an account yet? Register!) and thank you for browsing ZD!

Nothing like putting some heavier requirements on a non-paying volunteer job. Sheesh.

I think daily work is too hard for a volunteer job. Maybe 3-4 people working every 2-3 days is better... I know that news posting is sometimes really boring. I had my own online mag some years ago and it was a little bit frustrating when I posted 15 to 30 news per day and other members only wrote 1-2 reviews (about games) per week.

Perhaps you should ask for a minimum news per month quota or something like that.

Another option is to cooperate with other sites and share some news.

You could also make some kind of contest and offer some prices for the winner. ;)

I think daily work is too hard for a volunteer job. Maybe 3-4 people working every 2-3 days is better... I know that news posting is sometimes really boring. I had my own online mag some years ago and it was a little bit frustrating when I posted 15 to 30 news per day and other members only wrote 1-2 reviews (about games) per week.

Haha, if you read some my news posts you can tell the ones where I was getting a bit bored.

If you're game, that'd be fine I'm sure. We can't expect people to work like robots or something.

pinkybrain.png

Unless...
Hmm...

If you connected... no... ah, but if you linked... and it could be bypassed... and you replace...

Yeeees! Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Um, I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find that many donkeys, and won't they eventually get tired of just marmalade and pretzels?

*bang*

No, blast you! I'm going to need an easily duped volunteer, some mechanical tools, a scalpel, a dozen Roombas, and duct tape. Lots and lots of duct tape.

Oooh! Are we making a parade float? Naaaarf. I just love parades!

Correction: I'll be needing some mechanical tools, a scalpel, twelve Roombas, and a good deal of duct tape.

i would love to do the

as i have the time for it. Problem is I am new here .... damn it :cry:

i would love to do the

as i have the time for it. Problem is I am new here .... damn it :cry:

those are for the most part, filled. The rom hack news position, is still up for grabs though.

also whenever I look at your avatar, I can't help but think of this:

vigo.jpg

hahah yeah it does look like it dont it.

Never even thought about the ghostbusters 2 bad guy lol

Back
Top Bottom