N64 Emulation Requirements

idownloadroms

What are the minimum requirement for smooth emulation of N64 roms? Is there any specific graphics hardware needed?

<P ID="signature"></P>

> What are the minimum requirement for smooth emulation of N64
> roms? Is there any specific graphics hardware needed?
>
Depends on what game you want to run. I remember running Mario 64 on a K6 300 with a 4mb Riva128, and it almost ran smoothly. I'd say a P2 minimum, P3 preferred and a Geforce 2 or Radeon 7000 minimum for a video card, although you could probably use a Voodoo 4 or 5 as well. What are your system specs?

<P ID="signature">i need a friend, please be my companion
i don't want to be left alone with my sanity
</P>

>What are your system specs?

First Computer: Celeron 2.6 GHz, Intel Integrated Graphics (64MB shared? or actual RAM?), 256MB RAM

Second Computer: PII 333mhz, ATI Rage Pro 4MB, 64MB RAM

Maybe there are settings such as sound quality I could adjust to get smoother emulation, I don't need the game to run perfectly. Just smooth enough to be played without any lockups.

<P ID="signature"></P>

> First Computer: Celeron 2.6 GHz, Intel Integrated Graphics
> (64MB shared? or actual RAM?), 256MB RAM
>

A 2.6 Cel should be enough for decent N64 emulation, certain games like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark might choke a bit. The integrated graphics card is a bit of a drawback however.

</P>

> A 2.6 Cel should be enough for decent N64 emulation, certain
> games like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark might choke a bit. The
> integrated graphics card is a bit of a drawback however.

I speak from experience with this, but he's probably better off buying a PCI Radeon 7000 than using the integrated Intel card, that is, if it's anything like the one in the desktop we have here (although admitedly that PC is several years old).

<P ID="signature">http:\\www.xanga.com\ZeldaDD
For_Me.txt
</a></P>

> What are the minimum requirement for smooth emulation of N64
> roms? Is there any specific graphics hardware needed?

How about Playstation one emulation?

<P ID="signature"></P>

I'd say about the same as N64 emulation, actually. It should run fine on your Celeron, but again the integrated video is a drawback. If you've got any spare cash, go and pick up a new video card, but if that's not an option, you can probably do alright with the integrated graphics, as long as you get a good plugin.

</P>

Back
Top Bottom