Mmmm Military Recruiting Tactics...

puduhead

of underage school kids no less.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/8/6/army_recruiter_suspended_for_threatening_high

IRVING GONZALEZ: I think I can do better with my life out here than in there.

CPL. LISETTE DIAZ: You think so? The way the economy is going right now?

IRVING GONZALEZ: I’d rather struggle and be free.

CPL. LISETTE DIAZ: I have your best interest—what’s that?

IRVING GONZALEZ: I think I’d rather struggle.

CPL. LISETTE DIAZ: You’d rather struggle?

IRVING GONZALEZ: Yeah.

CPL. LISETTE DIAZ: Are you serious? Think about what you’re saying. The way the economy is going right now and the way it’s going to go for the next couple of years, it’s not looking good. Sometimes you have to grow up and learn how to be a man and to take care of stuff on your own. You know what I’m saying? Do you want to sit there and live with your mom for the next three, four, five, six years or whatever? You know, you want to do something different now to what your friends are doing, because when you come back and you see what your friends are doing, still living at home with mom and dad, struggling, trying to make a job, make money, make a living, you’re going to be like, bam, I’m glad I didn’t. You know what I’m saying? I’m telling you from experience, because I see that.

IRVING GONZALEZ: The main thing is, I want out. I don’t want to be in it. I don’t want to go to the Army.

IRVING GONZALEZ: Is there a way out? Is there a way for me to get out, because I don’t want to go in there if you are just going to like…

SGT. GLENN MARQUETTE: No, there is not a way out. You signed a binding contract.

IRVING GONZALEZ: There’s no way out?

SGT. GLENN MARQUETTE: No. When you sign a contract…

IRVING GONZALEZ: But, I mean, it’s kind of like a family thing, too. I’d rather just stay here. What if I just don’t show up?

SGT. GLENN MARQUETTE: Then, guess what. You’re AWOL, absent without leave, punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, Article 86: Deserter. It’s in your contract. Read it. It’s clear as day. So then, guess what happens.

IRVING GONZALEZ: What’s that?

SGT. GLENN MARQUETTE: Guess what happens to you, I’ll tell you what happens to you, OK? This is what will happen. You want to go to school? You will not get no loans, because all college loans are federal and government loans. So you’ll be black-marked from that. As soon as you get pulled over for a speeding ticket or anything with the law, they’re gonna see that you’re a deserter. Then they’re going to apprehend you, take you to jail. They’re going to call up the military police, the nearest military installation, and they will come down there, correctional officers, 31-series in the Army, pick you up, detain you, put you on a plane and take you to Fort [inaudible], Missouri, where you will do your time, as you deserve. So guess what. All that lovey-dovey “I want to go to college” and all this? Guess what. You just threw it out the window, because you just screwed your life. There’s a right way to do things, and there’s a wrong way to do things.

The way my friend got out of the army, was while he was in boot camp, he just totally went off on his Sargeant; he called him an asshole and just basically went on screaming at him. After that he was detained and had four Sergeants just totally berating him, and he was just like "You're an asshole, you're all assholes. Fuck you all, you're assholes." they continued yelling at him until he said "You're unpatriotic!" at which point they all fell silent, and then they locked him in a room for a week where he was fed only fruit, thus giving him extremely bad diarrhea to the point where he couldn't sleep. When all was said and done, they let him leave. Although I'm sure he could have been dishonorably discharged, they didn't do it. He even got paid a couple grand for his time, the conniving bastard...hehe.

with the stop-loss techniques going on, most servicemen/women will be in and out of the middle east until 2030 at the earliest. friend of mine just started her sixth tour over there. she's finally coming to terms with the fact that she's a slave.

John McCain wants to be Commander in Chief of the United States. there is no position. the Constitution mentions a "Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces", though. unless everyone in the country is conscripted into the military, he won't be your commander in chief. though you don't really need a draft to be automatically conscripted by writ of congress, do you? perhaps his choice of words is telling.

Last edited:
Jeez, this is why I have no desire to join the army. I feel bad for those that have been through the wringer, going on their 4 or 5th tour in Iraq or Afghanistan (such as your friend MB). No wonder I hear about members of the armed forces having psychological issues and such.

Now, I've wanted to be a Marine since I was 13, but it's not like that kid is going to struggle LESS in the service than elsewhere. Even in the Air Force, you're likely to spend half your enlistment sequestered in a desert or stuck on an aircraft carrier these days.

Also, you can get out if you haven't been shipped to boot yet. You can quit just like that. That's also in the contract. It's kind of a dick move, but it's possible. If this guy is getting stop-lossed: he can do his time in a cell, AFAIK.

I don't think that in this case he should do his time in a cell. Some of these kids that they are coercing into going into the military don't have any clue about what is really going on.

That no child left behind act also gives military full rights to go to schools, where there are UNDERAGE MINORS whom they harass and pressure into going into service. That's the real issue here. I don't think anyone is saying the military is completely wrong. After all it does have it's place. But the way they are going about it is really fucked up.

In my opinion they have no right to talk to underage minors. What about the beliefs of the parents and the right for those parents to instill the values they see fit? Like for example I don't believe I would want my child to join a cause that encourages the pointless slaughter of human life. And that is my opinion about it. Although I'm not peace loving person either. I believe defending what you love is okay which brings me to my next point...

If someone did those things to my kid, they'd be hanging out in the bottom of a river somewhere. Period. And I don't even have kids.

Not cool. Very, not cool.

BTW puduhead - your avi is awesome, just thought I'd tell ya!

Last edited:
As agressive as the military is, it still beats press gangs. I'm really glad I didn't live in Europe 300 years ago.

As agressive as the military is, it still beats press gangs. I'm really glad I didn't live in Europe 300 years ago.

What do you mean with that? 300 years ago in Europe?
I'm from Germany and in the mentioned time period there was a Europe with many small countries. Of course there were conflicts, too. But all big wars started when large countries were formed and financial powers fuelled the expansion or power ambitions of the mighty. 300 years ago in Germany we had no big countries. The Holy Roman Empire was just something like a club of countries and the people had more freedom. If you didn't like your city or anything it was easily possible to move to a better neighbour country. Today that's not possible. People also didn't have to join army. This was only obligatory for slaves.

But back to topic. I think the US Army is very hard. I'm glad nobody can push me to military service...

Just give it up uvwx075, you're the same asshole I turned in last week to the staff. We all hate spammers and you're totally wasting your time, period. We don't buy your crap ever and most of us are not stupid enough to buy anything online since it's not safe in any way especially from some illegal spammer. I bet your links are either for stealing info or are virus/trogan infected and almost every single person here is not a noob and knows that scam. So leave and suck all our dicks.

Just give it up uvwx075, you're the same asshole I turned in last week to the staff. We all hate spammers and you're totally wasting your time, period. We don't buy your crap ever and most of us are not stupid enough to buy anything online since it's not safe in any way especially from some illegal spammer. I bet your links are either for stealing info or are virus/trogan infected and almost every single person here is not a noob and knows that scam. So leave and suck all our dicks.

you do realize you are talking to a machine, right?

Either some good OCR software, or I've also heard some spammers hire people for pennies in poor countries to solve capchas for thousands of sites, and once they've solved the capcha for each site a bot takes over from there.

Either some good OCR software, or I've also heard some spammers hire people for pennies in poor countries to solve capchas for thousands of sites, and once they've solved the capcha for each site a bot takes over from there.

Confirmed...

In asia there are companies with the sole purpose to crack captchas.

As developer I take this as a challenge so my register script will get some special extra checks. Perhaps I can make it compatible for vBulletin, too.
I'll inform you when my prototype is ready. :)

Back
Top Bottom