Mental health

If I read this right it means that the person is overloaded by many opposing viewpoints and unable to differentiate. As in when your young they say the bible says do or don't do this, also your parents tell/show you other ways to act, fiction "santa, fairytails" and non fiction "poverty, hate, lies, ect", school, real news PBS, BBC and fake FOX, advertisements, your inner voice, your friends viewpoints.

All these views are true, lies, or biased for many reasons and the mind has trouble differentiating them. It's like an endless loop that if not corrected by finding the truth will cause the person no end of problems.

That is part of it. What I'm basically trying to say is that the universe itself may be split between opposing viewpoints, that it is not simply limited to the brain of the patient or the psychiatrist, that the actual universe has a portion of itself caught up in a dualism and that the mental illness prevalent is a symptom of those who get caught in this tension between opposing ideas and have not placed themselves above it.

I've got an infliction enough to practically narrate to myself in thought when I'm not busy (rather thirsty many days), talking myself the entire 2.5 miles of walking home on those marvelous rainy days, and the only one I conflict with really is myself. I am always frightened at the outcome of missing a hole in any statement I make, which I know skeptically that fear is ignorance, but I take everything seriously mates. Even when I chose to ignore, I might just take it seriously enough to cackle to my self.

But opposing ideas with another person? Like I have the balls to presume I'm right, unless there's some kind of business involved, and it freggin matters. And I'm not trying to get all moral on someone or think I'm God or whatever the hell. And being attacked for getting all philosophical instead of attacking them back with disagreements or flattering them without. I'm sick of white bigots. Ever wonder why I'm one of them?

At the same time there's all this crap and prejudice, e.g. against arrogance. For one to think thy self is God...I don't see why that is so bad. If we were all one, that would be true? That's not a finished battle, don't get me wrong, but it could just mean a part simply. I don't really care though, sick of prejudice. And all sickness is prejudice.

I'm slow... in decisions. And most people think that's a weakness. They tell me to act "now". But in fact I consider the best options and take my time. Is this really so bad?

Sure, in my car as driver I react and act very quickly within seconds. It means stress and high concentration. After a couple of hours I get very tired. I suppose it's normal.

I'm a freelancer. It's my job to get things done and solve problems of my customers. Most customers are a little bit surprised how much time I calculate in my offers. But after the first project they are satisfied with the results. Today one of them came to me with a big problem and no time left. He asked me whether I could take a look and insert a timeslot. Well... I was expecting this kind of task and interruption. So I solved the problem without losing time on the actual project.

I believe the pressure on people is causing stress because most of us get caught by it unexpectedly. It's no fault of an individual if he is not prepared. But I think that we don't give others enough time to get things done. We create a picture of how things should work in a optimum way and get too much influence by fear. Fear the competitors could take an opportunity away, fear the neighbour gets a better car earlier than us, fear we could be not good enough....

I say: take your time and give time.

Who told us to live like a Porsche on the "Autobahn" (Interstate Highway... w/o speedlimit) ???

Well I'm not perfect or anything like that. I had to learn my lessons and I'm still learning.
Ask yourself whether you need something or not. Ask yourself whether a reaction is really necessary. And accept that you have weaknesses and fears. Both are good to have. They remind you of being human. You can take this as a chance to use your weaknesses in a better way.

In my case it's my "slow decision" weakness. I learned to optimize my thinking process and use all kinds of alternatives before acting on the problem. So in the end it takes me longer to decide but in the acutal process I'm much faster.
I'm also "cooler" when all others around me get panic. Instead of being part of the problem I prefer being part of the solution. I reflect all alternatives and then make a suggestion. But to have alternatives you have to accept. You have to accept all info without prejudice. I never say "ahh... that's crap. I don't need this info."
Listen to others and watch out! We get flooded every day with tons of info. When you don't know what matters then trust your feelings and your instinct.
Believe me. Your best advisor is just looking in your mirror in the morning. You wouldn't lie to you, would you?

Most people hide behind a facade. They think they can hide their emotions. Well... some people can. But I can't. I'm no big actor in Hollywood. If I'm pissed you can see it in my eyes and hear it in my voice. But sometimes I'm just tired and that look is similiar to being annoyed ;) So don't judge someone by his look please. I get upset when I get asked whether I'm pissed or anything, when I'm ok. And I get angry when someone doesn't believe me when I say "I'm fine".

Accept yourself and accept others. :)

I've got an infliction enough to practically narrate to myself in thought when I'm not busy (rather thirsty many days), talking myself the entire 2.5 miles of walking home on those marvelous rainy days, and the only one I conflict with really is myself. I am always frightened at the outcome of missing a hole in any statement I make, which I know skeptically that fear is ignorance, but I take everything seriously mates. Even when I chose to ignore, I might just take it seriously enough to cackle to my self.

An uncontrolled thought is like a sword from the part of oneself that wants to destroy everything lashing out at the part that wants to deny this part of oneself. The world divides itself into two sides, sometimes more, and I alone want both and neither. Who am I? Anything that I recognize as self is simply the negation of an unwanted opposite. Who I really am has no opinion, does not care what happens to me, or others, just makes it happen. And who this is does not care if it produces the painful illusion of not wanting it this way within itself.

But opposing ideas with another person? Like I have the balls to presume I'm right, unless there's some kind of business involved, and it freggin matters. And I'm not trying to get all moral on someone or think I'm God or whatever the hell. And being attacked for getting all philosophical instead of attacking them back with disagreements or flattering them without. I'm sick of white bigots. Ever wonder why I'm one of them?

Can one really help what one is? I'm the racist who likes other races, the faggot who thinks homosexuality is degenerate, the worshipper and despiser of every God and every devil. There are certain things this brain, with its survival instincts and desire not to feel pain, cannot accept, and that makes my personality nothing more than a line drawn in the sand.

At the same time there's all this crap and prejudice, e.g. against arrogance. For one to think thy self is God...I don't see why that is so bad. If we were all one, that would be true? That's not a finished battle, don't get me wrong, but it could just mean a part simply. I don't really care though, sick of prejudice. And all sickness is prejudice.

If we were God, it would explain why the world is so messed up. Is it pessimistic to say that the world is a representation of one's own will, that we would all really want it this way? It would be dangerous to speak of such things, but such things can be found in Barnes and Noble at this point. It seems callous to an extreme, to say that one would want it this way. For the suffering, self-torture becomes the only logical explanation.

Last edited:
It seems callous to an extreme, to say that one would want it this way. For the suffering, self-torture becomes the only logical explanation.

It seems callous to an extreme, BUT...

Is it not callous of a tornado when a tornado demolishes a home? Is it not callous of a forest fire to burn down a forest? Is it not callous for a lion to devour an antelope?

The scariest person in the world would be one who embodied this world as it is, who from the moment of self-awareness there was a correspondence between their conscious desires and how things actually are, who really wanted it this way.

JadussD has been posting a lot in this thread, so I thought it was time to bring out the big guns.

toilet_paper.jpg

Here's hoping a new Xenogears game comes so you guys can find some new material.

Always follow thy heart. The Snake's mask serves not to distribute an efficient subconscious to such one's conscious. For this I no longer feel the intoxication behind which I wrote that post lest it confine evermore.

A brain of fewer cells and wise training may achieve this capacity when freed of desire. When such a mind only loves, the curse of judgment and mortal instinct dies to happiness. Nonetheless some mental disorders surge with these powers of darkness, but hatred is needed to compose and devise. It is the art by which you have written such a remark, for without hatred we cannot state.

All mortals forever must fight their self-deceptive conscious beyond realizing this existence. To compose and succeed however, we must suffer.

Shadow, graceful. Taking a longer time is an important carefulness. Many times even for math material I'm well ahead of I managed to analyze only two problems on a quiz, and then time's up. Others who respect themselves deserve respect.

The serpent knows no reason, does it? For all it knows, the "higher evolved" functionings, even if from the standpoint of a analyzing man-in-a-white-coat they're connected and part of the same "person", are just getting in the way of its serpently business. Oh, I cannot speak anymore, I cannot bear to continue to speak of such things.

We cannot control the feelings and thoughts of others, but by trying ourselves towards perfection we can build world peace.

Back
Top Bottom