Looking for forum moderators

Edman

Administrator
Staff member
The new site's been open for almost a week, I guess everyone has settled down a bit and the forum is off to a good start. In line with this, I'm looking for people willing to help moderate the occasional issue that comes up on the boards.

You must have been an active poster in this last week. You must be well behaved and level headed. You must know the rules.

Please note that since the forum is not that active (yet), I'm currently looking for only 3 people, so don't take it at heart if you don't make it.

If you're ready to apply, send me a PM: http://www.zophar.net/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=1

i think the "content managers" should have moderator rights by default. obviously it isn't that way yet. once you qualify for cm you must be probably already trustable enough to have mod rights too.

this would avoid wasting more time in finding moderators and put work, where work is required.

i think the "content managers" should have moderator rights by default. obviously it isn't that way yet. once you qualify for cm you must be probably already trustable enough to have mod rights too.

this would avoid wasting more time in finding moderators and put work, where work is required.

Well it looks like to me we really have someone who could just as easily be a staff member himself ;-)

Probably. What about the Content Managers that don't want to moderate anything, but just deliver content??

Probably. What about the Content Managers that don't want to moderate anything, but just deliver content??

I don't think they will be a problem, you have the choice in that case not to use the moderator tools as a CM. Think of it as an added plus instead of an extra responsibility, but obviously out of the CMs we should have people volunteer their time to moderate a certain section of the forum to at least ensure that someone may be looking at the posts.

Thanks to all the people who applied. I will give it one more day for people to send in their PMs, and then choose the new mods.

Well it looks like to me we really have someone who could just as easily be a staff member himself ;-)

Nothing I didn't already told him. But I think he's got enough work for himself. If you didn't yet, go check his site.

I don't think they will be a problem, you have the choice in that case not to use the moderator tools as a CM. Think of it as an added plus instead of an extra responsibility, but obviously out of the CMs we should have people volunteer their time to moderate a certain section of the forum to at least ensure that someone may be looking at the posts.

Really, I kinda figured if you're given the power to moderate, you're expected to use it instead of ignore or abuse it. You know, the whole great power/great responsibility thing.

And so, the final promotions are complete. I went over my list of 3 and hired 5 moderators, please welcome them:
  • Gil-Galad
  • Lillymon
  • Reaper man
  • The 9th Sage
  • Xeon3D
For those of you who didn't make it, better luck next time!

For those interested in why I hired who I hired, generally, what I looked at was total postcount (over 100), posts made since the opening (over 25), and dedication to this site. If you didn't make it on the list, chances are it was because there are simply more active people around. Don't take it to heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we (the ones that have been promoted) have a problem. The section that content managers saw on the right column of the main website disappeared. At least I cannot see it anymore (don't know if others do) and while trying to go into the index.php?=admin page (or similar) I get an error saying I'm not autorized.

Please other SMODS confirm if this happens to you as well, and Edman, when you can have a look at it.

I think the new CMs should be given their title ;)

Back
Top Bottom