Like Flash, I am also still alive

coolie

Been a long, long, LONG time since I've posted here.

I am still alive and kicking, believe it or not. I live in New York City, and I make my living as a freelance designer. I'm also doing comedy once a week, either stand-up, or with a troupe I'm part of.

Oh yeah, and I'm getting married in January.

Hmm...anything else?

Yes, I still love Ys.

Who's still alive around here?

Hey, cool stuff man. Sounds like things are going really well for you. Congrats.

Doing stand-up. Wow. That's gotta take some balls... or a lot of liquid courage.

Holy shit, son. I was just thinking about coolieranx (and/or Lobster Cowboy) DAYS AGO. I've summoned you with my mind.

Ah, it's Lobby! Good to hear things are going well for you. And hello to everyone else as well--I can't remember if I've posted anything around here in the last year or two (or longer).

Gemini!
chiefmonkey (loosely) said:
Holy shit, son. I was just thinking about GeminiMan DAYS AGO. I've summoned you with my mind.

I was looking through extremely old website folders and came across the guitar tabs folder.

Hey, cool stuff man. Sounds like things are going really well for you. Congrats.

Doing stand-up. Wow. That's gotta take some balls... or a lot of liquid courage.

I have to say, it's not as ballsy as you would think. Once you've rehearsed enough, you sort of become like a musician. Each joke is like a song, and you perform them straight through from memory.

I have to say, it's not as ballsy as you would think. Once you've rehearsed enough, you sort of become like a musician. Each joke is like a song, and you perform them straight through from memory.

I guess I might just be that big of a pussy then. :p I've passed up a few options to sing/play for open mics and the like (felt safer in the home studio or jamming at a house party of known peoples).

I have to imagine that doing sketch comedy would be the least off-putting, personally. I'm a fan of the genre (KITH being my all-time favs). What's your material like?

Gemini!

I was looking through extremely old website folders and came across the guitar tabs folder.

Gah, it's hard to wrap my mind around how long it's been! IRC, having a website, and all that stuff was mostly when I was in middle school. Now, undergrad is over. Mind = blown.

Once upon a time, I was really into romhacking/translation and website administration (strictly as a hobbyist) These days, I'm mostly into hiking in the White Mountains (12/48 4000-footers summitted), spending time with my girlfriend (who is awesome), and working (Ack! The dreaded "job"). Unfortunately, video games have mostly fell by the wayside. I hope everyone is well!

Back
Top Bottom