King of All Geeks

SpaceTiger

No, not me, but good guess. Josh Green, the star of the "latest Beauty and the Geek" installment came right out of my department (having started two years after I did). Here is a very disturbing video of him getting down at one of our grad student "parties":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD23o2IrjnEJ-Bird Dance</a>

Nobody was surprised when the producers picked him for the show.
<P ID="signature"></P>

>

That's kind of neat. You could so totally hit him up for stuff now. :D

In a similar way, there were these two girls, twins, that I had sociology class with in high school, and also psychology (which was only like two years ago) ended up in the top 5 or something like that of America's Next Top Model. Interesting because everyone I know had sort of the opposite reaction you did, we were all surprised the producers picked them for the show.

yeah. sorry to turn this into an 'i know that person on that obscure TV program' thread. I'll go back to lurking now.

<P ID="signature"><center>
sarahsig.png

http://spazpants.comAAAAAAAAAAAAA!</a></center></P>

> That's kind of neat. You could so totally hit him up for
> stuff now. :D

I haven't spoken to him much since he got back, but he can't say much about it right now anyway (part of some agreement he signed). When the show finishes airing, I'll see if he coughs up anything interesting.

> In a similar way, there were these two girls, twins, that I had
> sociology class with ... ended up in the top 5 or
> something like that of America's Next Top Model. Interesting
> because everyone I know had sort of the opposite reaction you
> did, we were all surprised the producers picked them for the
> show.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by some of the "beauties" on B&TG. I think it's easier to pick geeks because they're so wildly different from the norm. Beauty, on the other hand, comes in many shapes (mmm...) and sizes and is often very subjective.
<P ID="signature"></P>

Back
Top Bottom