Just Sharing: Pope Francis Visits Philippines

humbugacclaimed

Currently here in Manila for a training slash seminar and I witnessed the overwhelming welcome of the Filipinos for Pope Francis who just had his 5-day visit to the Philippines. Thousands cheered and took photos of the pontiff as he traversed the streets of Manila inside his pope mobile. I was staying in a hotel across the main boulevard and I can see from my balcony the whole street full of people carrying flags and chanting for the Pope. I was able to witness how a country like Philippines who’s battered with disasters and beleaguered with poverty and corruption can still come as one to cheer for Pope Francis. Truly an unforgettable experience for me :)

Yes, he really has a sense of humor and he's very modern compared to the previous popes. He drives himself around in a 20-year-old Renault 4 how cool is that? :)

One more thing that has made me love Pope Francis is his openness over the sensitive and delicate topics such as homosexuality. He even said, "Who am I to judge?"

One more thing that has made me love Pope Francis is his openness over the sensitive and delicate topics such as homosexuality. He even said, "Who am I to judge?"

I agree, he is definitely an unorthodox pope that brings controversies and humility as well to the catholic church.

Back
Top Bottom