Is there any SNES SIM CITY Map editors?

justinrpg

Google is no help... all that was coming up is websites trying to sell me the SNES cartridge and/or game reviewing sites... Is there any map editors for the SNES version of Sim City? I even searched google for the savestate editor found on this website, and again all that was coming up was websites trying to sell me the game and/or video game reviewing sites...

It doesn't look like it. Neither RHDN nor Data Crystal have any information about it (or any other version of Sim City, for that matter.) The Cutting Room Floor does have an article about how to access a debug menu but that probably isn't of much use for what you're wanting.

I've barely played Sim City but I thought the game basically was map editing? I remember reading that Will Wright created Sim City after he realized that he enjoyed using the map editor in Raid on Bungeling Bay far more than actually playing the game.

He probably want to edit the scenarios. You could basically make your own map with enough time and free cash, the SNES version had a money cheat. But I forget, can't remember if water was editable beyond to random construction it loaded, its been along time since I played Sim City, not Sim City 2000. And the 2000 Urban Renewal kit allowed you to make your own maps(100%), just not the scenarios.I considered hacking the PC version of SC2000 once so I could change the road graphics and other thing the Urban Renewal kit wouldn't edit but never both as I never finished my Stone Age Brittan tile set for Residential zones.

In any case if you save a map you completed, you should be able to hack all the data to clear every thing but the land and building data. So you can start a map with that info. At which point if you can find the Scenarios map data you could just replace it with your own. At leased the game gives you all the tools to create a custom map in the first place. But I don't know how it stores info.

I'm working on a program that will allow inf. Simoleans and/or popularity. The reason I say(and/or) is because if you have inf. Popularity then your city will be well populated, requiring more attention, inf. Money makes it easy, if it is off, a lot harder. My program is currently stable but those are the only two working hacks, I have an advanced editor for Sim City (snes) but it is all coding, and you have to edit the codes to change terrain, skyboxes, etc. I heard someone released a building editor..

No. I think that you need to use an hex editor for this...
There are many sites of map data of this game.

Back
Top Bottom