Is Edman Jewish?

InVerse

Traditionally, the man in charge of Zophar's Domain has always been Jewish, starting with the titular Zophar himself and continuing all the way to the days of SwampGas. So, I was just curious as to whether Edman was Jewish.

Now, to stave off any controversy, I'm not trying to stir up any antisemitism here. Natalie Portman is hot. I was just curious if Edman had part of his weiner cut off or not.

Given his last name is Steins, I'm going to assume that yes, he is Jewish. ;p
Or of German ancestry; since the Yiddish language is a break-off from medieval German, many common Yiddish names are also common German names. As an example, a buddy of mine is surnamed Schwartz, but from German descent, not Jewish.

Traditionally, the man in charge of Zophar's Domain has always been Jewish, starting with the titular Zophar himself and continuing all the way to the days of SwampGas. So, I was just curious as to whether Edman was Jewish.

Buh...you know...what an odd coincidence this would be.

It's all part of our conspiracy to control the world ...of emulation!

DUN DUN DUUUN!!!

:lol:

Of course it is. They meet with the Illuminati for all major site changes!

(artist rendition of the vetting process)
76796476.gif

Last edited:
Well, this definitely caught my attention :D Erm, no, I'm Latvian. Go find that on a world map :p

The surname is of German descent. Its simply a German word, meaning "stone". Many Latvians were given German surnames because much of the nobility was German and/or spoke German.

Jewish surnames that sound kinda German are usually several German words put together, this is how you can usually (but not always obviously) recognize between a Jew and a German. So "Rosenstein" would be jewish, while simply "Stein" would not be. Schwartzenberg would be jewish, but Schwartz would not be.

Well, this definitely caught my attention :D Erm, no, I'm Latvian. Go find that on a world map :p

OH SHI- he lives!

soo hey, are you going to do something about the forum on roms.zophar.net and how they link over here, causing mass confusion to new users?

The surname is of German descent. Its simply a German word, meaning "stone". Many Latvians were given German surnames because much of the nobility was German and/or spoke German.

Jewish surnames that sound kinda German are usually several German words put together, this is how you can usually (but not always obviously) recognize between a Jew and a German. So "Rosenstein" would be jewish, while simply "Stein" would not be. Schwartzenberg would be jewish, but Schwartz would not be.

There are a lot of exceptions to that, though. I know many Jews with single-word Yiddish or German names like Schwartz, Steiner, Klein, etc.

Well just ftr being Jewish my old tribal surname's got Swedish etymology, even though among many other things I'm German and Russian.

Back
Top Bottom