Installing a flip top ps2

mrfreeze

I am trying to install a flip top lid on my ps2, but am having trouble with what is apparently the easiest part. I can't get the reset/eject switch to come out. It says in all the guides I found "Just take it out" but I can't get it to pop off or anything, and don't want to force it too much and break it. Anyone have any advice on how exactly it is supposed to come off?
<P ID="signature"></P>

>
Never mind got it. Heres hoping the ribbon didn't get fucked up while I was messing with it.
<P ID="signature"></P>

> Never mind got it. Heres hoping the ribbon didn't get fucked
> up while I was messing with it.
Watch out when reinserting the reset button upon reassembly. Mine didn't fit when I installed my flip-top, the reset/eject assembly was being pushed up and required a bit of dremelling to refit it.
<P ID="signature">
banner.png
</P>

Ok I got it all put together and back together, but now I have a problem. Discs sit weird now, as in right on top of the laser so they don't lock into place like they do on the PS1, and now it won't recognize that there is a disk in the slot. The laser moves around, but nothing happens. Plus I found out that the version of ps2 I have only reads DVD-R and I only have a +R burner, but thats a hassle for another time.
<P ID="signature"></P>

> I am trying to install a flip top lid on my ps2

Ok, so I live in a cave. Why do you want to do that ?

<P ID="signature">
guinessdrinker40fi.jpg

poker27ma.jpg
</P>

> Ok, so I live in a cave. Why do you want to do that ?

I assume it has something to do with running "backups" and/or imports. My future bro-in-law has one installed on a PS2 for that reason.

<P ID="signature">http://www.badjawa.com
signature.jpg
</a></img>

Wii console code - 7551377053011860</P>

> I assume it has something to do with running "backups"
> and/or imports. My future bro-in-law has one installed on a
> PS2 for that reason.

If that were the case, why not just put a hard drive in the thing? I helped a friend do so just for that use, and it was ridiculously easy, i think.

<P ID="signature"><center>
sarahsig.png

http://spazpants.comAAAAAAAAAAAAA!</a></center></P>

Back
Top Bottom