I love the DS

toasterhed

I know, I know, I could have thought of way more interesting things to post than my undying love for what has to be one of the most fun and interesting hand held systems I've ever played. Sure, it's not the most awe inspiring console we've seen. However I absolutely love it.

There are plenty of titles to choose from on the DS. New titles like Kirby's Canvas Attack, Yoshi Touch and Go. Continuations of things I thought were long since dead... like Tomagatchi Corner Store and of course classics that have been ported like Kirby's Superstar and Bomberman, among others. Not to mention how-to guides/games like My Japanese Coach. (which I am dominating)

Then there is the fact it is endlessly fun to play with a stylus. It's different, frustrating at first yes but once you get used to it the stylus it is wonderful. (except for Phantom Hourglass when your trying to roll into trees)

I have become addicted to this handheld wonder. This concept of finding new ways to control the game is what I admire so much about Nintendo. Don't get me wrong I still think they are greedy, shady, corporate a**holes but ya know, they think of some neat stuff. (Again, still doesn't mean they are going to tell me what I can and cannot do with MY consoles... but I'll save that for another post)

Anyone have a love for the DS you want to share? Please do. I'm always keeping my eyes open for good games too. So suggestions on games are very welcome.

Uh...you realize that Nintendo, like all companies, want to make money, right? I don't think it's anything personal against you (yes yes, I know...I wish they'd allow homebrew as well, but with the piracy implications of either on DS or Wii (both are very easy to pirate games on now), I understand exactly why they care about it).

Anyway, I'm a big DS fan as well. :p Lately I've been playing a lot of the Chrono Trigger remake (which is awesome....it's the like the PSX version with even more extra stuff and no slow down), as well as the second Phoenix Wright game since I can't get enough of those games and am finally getting around to playing the ones after the first.

I'll have to check out the Chrono Trigger remake. I agree they have to make their grain too. I just think it's silly to think that every single person who uses emulators and homebrews only pirates things or whatever. Some of us use homebrew and buy games. As well as there being some of us who dump our own ISOs and ROMs. I just think we should be allowed to backup digital media to whatever format we see fit, since we are the ones paying for it.

That could fit easily into this topic still too. Especially since your so right about it being uber easy to pirate. I just wish we could find a common ground for everyone to be happy. Kind of like them prosecuting the people whom were selling mods and copying devices when really if a user wanted to and knew how, they could probably make due with one on their own. (if they wanted to be really creative) I don't see many people doing it but it's a thought.

The tighter the restrictions become the more people want to pirate it, or so it would seem. Surely there is a medium?

I appreciate the innovation that was put into it.

You know, many thought it'd become a total flop at the start.

Certainly showed them.

I'll have to check out the Chrono Trigger remake. I agree they have to make their grain too. I just think it's silly to think that every single person who uses emulators and homebrews only pirates things or whatever. Some of us use homebrew and buy games. As well as there being some of us who dump our own ISOs and ROMs. I just think we should be allowed to backup digital media to whatever format we see fit, since we are the ones paying for it.

Oh no no, I know that not every person who uses homebrew pirates things. In fact, I have a DS flashcart, a GBA/DS one, and a modchip in my Wii (as well as the Homebrew Channel)...yet I very rarely pirate stuff. Occasionally I'll check a game out before buying (I don't think I"m going to buy it after all, but his is how I know Castlevania Judgement is more fun than it's given credit for, and how I know Rune Factory is actually pretty awesome). There are a few examples where I was unsure of a game and tried it, then went and bought it (such as the rouge-like RPG Baroque for the Wii).

I also have some import games I've bought for my DS, several of which have had translation patches either released, or that are being currently worked on (which means I'd have to use a flashcart to play it in english).

Plus I love all the homebrew stuff, like Moonshell. :) More than anything, I use my flashcarts as multicarts...I have a bunch of games on one cart which I find very convenient. Part of the reason I got my Wii modchip actually was because I can make multi-game Gamecube discs, where I can get 3 - 5 Gamecube games on one DVD. It's quite a space saver.

Wonder what the DS2 will be like.

And yeah of course there's going to be a successor. Who knows what the name will be or what it'll do though.

Tamagotchi Corner Store
So somebody other than me likes the Tamagotchi Connection games on DS?

I wouldn't buy an actual Tamagotchi (I don't have the time or commitment to look after one), but by god, the Tamagotchi games are great. There's one that JUST came out on the iPod touch, I bought it. It's pretty fun, but a little "kiddy", so not for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom