I just beat Prince of Persia: EXTREEEEEEEME

IndeX

Yeah, finally got around to beating Warrior Within - or as I like to call it "The game that never should have been associated with Prince of Persia".

Story was kinda cool - but I like PoP for the puzzles and platforming - not the 'extreme' environment, metal music or as Gabe from Penny Arcade once put it - "a character that 'smolders with generic rage'.

PoP3 has finished uploading to the Xbox so I'm gonna go check it out. If it is anywhere near as asinine as PoP:WW I'm going to delete it.

That's a warning.
<P ID="signature"></P>

I liked Warrior Within, it was pretty challenging even on easy mode the first time you play the game. I never played the first one, so getting a hang of the freeform battle engine was tricky...

Still, some parts of the game bothered me like the dialogue, but gameplay was awesome (Minus some buggy parts).
<P ID="signature">-------
Signiatures eat testiclites for BRUNCH :eek:</P>

UPDATE:

So. I'm about an hour or so ino the game, and so far it's great. A couple of things from Sands of Time were brought back:

1. The 'Story Telling' element. When you pause in SoT, the Prince would say something like "Would you like to take a break?" Or if you died, he would say "No no no, thats not how it happened.." Also in the midst of gameplay, he would narrate things. Now the Empress of Time tells the story and has those little bits. Its pretty cool.

2. The music is now very reminisient of PoP:SoT.
3. The fun gameplay.

And some things are NOT back in the game:

1. The crap-ass metal music
2. The "X-treeeeeeme" factor
3. The crappy gameplay.
4. Idiotic gameplay.
5. Retarded-ass gameplay.

Whats more, they added something that I thought was going to suck. I just KNEW it was going to be retarded. The charriot chase sequence(s). I thought it was going to be one of the most asinine things ever - and I have to admit, it was FUN as hell and hilarious to boot. The Prince also has a slew (did I spell that right?) of new moves, and some moves have been changed, but not in a bad way.

When you run up a wall, there are sometimes these little 'plates' in the wall that -when running up said wall- the Prince can stab his dagger into them and hang there. And from that position, its possible to do a wall run, jump away from the wall, or climb to the next plate on the wall. Very cool. There is also a slight addition to the "wall run and jump" move. Its stil the way it was, but sometimes you'll come across an open window - when you jump from the open window, you don't just jump away from the wall, you jump diagonally and reach different spots. Its really cool.

So far I'm enjoying this game. I just hope it doesn't lose it's lustre the further I get into it.
<P ID="signature"></P>

Back
Top Bottom