Help making a GUI for BIN2JPG?

Rattlehead

For those of you who haven't heard of the DOS program BIN2JPG, it's (basically) a tool used for converting snapshots taken during battles in Super Smash Bros. Melee and also Brawl to a not shitty format. Well, it's a shitty picture format, but it works. That's beside the point, though.

I'm wanting to make a WIN32 version of it, with a simple and easy-to-use interface. I'd kinda like to put in a batch conversion feature, which shouldn't be too hard.

Problem is, I've never written any programs before. Would anyone be willing to help me with it, via Sourceforge or something of the sort? You'll get the majority of the credit for it, of course. The program's just so damned hard to use in its current state, and it would just be nice to...clean it up a bit, so to speak. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help out.

Just to be nitpicky, it isn't really converting it so much as (in the case of 4:3 pictures anyway) just getting the data of the JPG from the file (in the Wii's case it needs to be decrypted first, dunno about Melee).

Why not just create a batch file?

For i in X do
bin2jpg i
next

(or smth similar since long are the days of batch programming for me).
At least it would solve that batch processing problem of yours.

Why not just create a batch file?

For i in X do
bin2jpg i
next

(or smth similar since long are the days of batch programming for me).
At least it would solve that batch processing problem of yours.

Do what now? I've wrote simple batch (.bat) files before, but what exactly is that? I'm guessing that you replace the 'X' with something, but with what?

Back
Top Bottom