GSHI 9th Anniversary Contest!

Reading through the forums, I wasn't sure where to throw this topic, so I took the leap and posted it here. I completely understand if the thread gets moved, however.

[copied and pasted from the original thread on GSHI]:

As you (should) know, GSHI is having a 9th Anniversary Contest, as sort of a dry run for the 10th Anniversary Contest (and, hopefully, a contest every year thereafter). Though the Hacking Competition has been put on hold until next year, the Gaming Tournament and Artwork Contest will still be held.

The gaming contest will consist of three (emulated) MAME games:

Bust a Move Again
NBA Maximum Hang Time
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Two players will face off, and one staff member will sit in to ensure everything goes properly. Each game will be played for elimination (the winner of the first match will go on to play the next player), and the overall winners of each game will face off in a surprise game, to be revealed at that time.

As for the (meager) prizes for the Gaming Tournament:

1st place winner - GSHI T-shirt + $75 gift certificate to EB Games.
2nd place winner - GSHI T-shirt.
3rd place winner - GSHI T-shirt.

And for the GSHI Artwork Contest (GSHI logo creation):

1st place winner: His/her artwork on the official GSHI T-shirt + GSHI T-shirt + $75 gift certificate to EB Games OR the art supplies store of your choosing.

Staff, members, and total strangers to GSHI.org are welcome to sign up. And, as this is a hacking scene site, and some people value their anonymity, a winner may choose to waive his/her prize(s), and they will be awarded to the next player down the winning ladder.

Let the sign-ups begin!

Please sign up via this thread: http://gshi.org/vb/showthread.php?p=28905#post28905

And, apologies if this comes off as a blatant site promotion. As a member of both GSHI and Zophar.net (and several other gaming/emulation/hacking sites), I always try not to cross that boundary, but I do believe that the scene as a whole is comprised of many sites, and should be treated as such...

I still see the scene as a whole myself, so I'll take the liberty of adding a newspost regarding this.

re: Artwork Contest

For the artwork contest, what are the desired parameters for the logo?
That is: dimensions, format, symbols/words that should appear, colours used, quality [bit depth, pixel per cm resolution].

Now that's a question that should be posted on their forums, I think. Surely they got more information on the link he posted than here on the ZD, don't you think?

Unfortunately, no, I already looked through their forums, and both of the threads I found dedicated to this subject lacked detail in regards to the art contest, and I don't feel the inclination to register for an account on their forums for the sole purpose of inquiring about such.

Ok. I just said that because here there is only one person that should be able to reply to your inquiry, while on the other hand, there should be quite a few that may be in position to clarify all your doubts.

(Note: I loved your English. The words, the punctuation, everything was as correct as I can tell.)

Heh, apologies (and thanks to Xeon for putting mention of this on the main page).

As for the artwork, there are relatively no restrictions or guidelines. As long as there isn't any copyright material (pictures of video game characters and such), and there is "GSHI.org" somewhere in the image (it will be a GSHI.org logo, after all), everything is up to the GSHI staff vote. If staff votes that a picture of a monkey holding up a GSHI.org logo is the best, that will be the winner, and that will be the logo that goes on the official T-shirts. As for format, as long as there's some way for us to view it, it will be fine.

As for the artwork, there are relatively no restrictions or guidelines. As long as there isn't any copyright material (pictures of video game characters and such), and there is "GSHI.org" somewhere in the image (it will be a GSHI.org logo, after all), everything is up to the GSHI staff vote. If staff votes that a picture of a monkey holding up a GSHI.org logo is the best, that will be the winner, and that will be the logo that goes on the official T-shirts. As for format, as long as there's some way for us to view it, it will be fine.

will this work? :3

ghsi.png

Back
Top Bottom