Goddamn Ike...

Rattlehead

You can have it back, Texas...no, honestly. We're getting pounded by it in Northwest Arkansas, and it's pretty heavy. Something of note is that I'm saying this after going a few weeks without any significant rainfall, so I probably just sound like a weak chicken-shit. But, still...

Is it bad that my first thought was Ike from Fire Emblem?

Anyway, uh, yeah, that does suck. :p Glad we don't get tropical storms/hurricaines here.

Missed Austin, essentially completely. Nothin' but some clouds and a little more wind than usual.

Is it bad that my first thought was Ike from Fire Emblem?

Anyway, uh, yeah, that does suck. :p Glad we don't get tropical storms/hurricaines here.

Not at all. I do hate Fire Emblem Ike too, though...that's all thanks to Brawl.

Missed Austin, essentially completely. Nothin' but some clouds and a little more wind than usual.

That's good, because I have quite a bit of family in Austin.

Yeah, anyway...My power ended up going out while I was playing Final Fantasy XII. I say it went out when it more or less flickered on and off. It was long enough to shut my PS2 off, and I was a little pissed.

Last edited:
Not at all. I do hate Fire Emblem Ike too, though...that's all thanks to Brawl.

It's just that I've uttered those same exact words playing Brawl online... ("God damnit IKE!"). We've been getting crazy wind, probably because of the extreme weather down in the southern parts of the US right now. It's gotta be nothing compared to what you've got though.

Sucks about the PS2, but I guess if that's the worst that happens, then good. :)

Although there's a lot of come-and-go intimidation signs there's no severe weather here. Usually if thunder happens to strike (near) here the power-supply throughout the duplex is off for the time, and my huge meditation chess data is reset. It's also reset when someone comes in, walks backwards on the way out, steps on the N64 power switch/battery lid, finishes jabbering unconsciously, and walks out.

The weather in my state is screwed up inconsistent. The global warming/interference, weather pattern's all messed up, potato-headed German guys with glasses and the demented voices correcting people that the word nuclear is pronounced "nuke-you-ler", just one messed up community. On the bright side...one of the lowest criminal activity cities in the country (not Madison that's another story). One time during mid-summer it snowed convincingly much in the morning and stopped. Virginia that was moderately screwed up, other six states I lived in normal I guess.

Last edited:
...Because Ike IS like a hurricane on the battlefield...

Depends on who's using him. If it's me...like hell he is!

Although there's a lot of come-and-go intimidation signs there's no severe weather here. Usually if thunder happens to strike (near) here the power-supply throughout the duplex is off for the time, and my huge meditation chess data is reset. It's also reset when someone comes in, walks backwards on the way out, steps on the N64 power switch/battery lid, finishes jabbering unconsciously, and walks out.

The weather in my state is screwed up inconsistent. The global warming/interference, weather pattern's all messed up, potato-headed German guys with glasses and the demented voices correcting people that the word nuclear is pronounced "nuke-you-ler", just one messed up community. On the bright side...one of the lowest criminal activity cities in the country (not Madison that's another story). One time during mid-summer it snowed convincingly much in the morning and stopped. Virginia that was moderately screwed up, other six states I lived in normal I guess.

Umm...wow. Wha-?

Back
Top Bottom