Game Gear Emulators that record AVI

Insectduel

Is there an emulator besides Kega Fusion 3.6 that record Game Gear games. Installing the Kega Video Codec is dangerous with my Windows XP System and never passed the logo testing.

I don't want to damage my system. And I don't have a certain 32GB or 16GB Flash Drive to create backups before installation.

Being "dangerous" and having "not passed Windows Logo testing" only means that the program wasn't sent to Microsoft for in depth testing. If you're worried about running programs that didn't pass Windows Logo Testing, you'd better uninstall all of your emulators.

The only time Windows Logo Testing is at all necessary is when you're installing hardware drivers. A video codec is not going to crash your computer.

Of course, you're the person who nearly has a heart attack any time your anti-virus comes up with a false positive on an emulator, so I don't expect telling this to do you any good.

In all seriousness, there are many quality drivers that do not persue WHQL certification. I use Sun VirtualBox and it's drivers are not certified.

Well thanks for the advice. I don't know what Steve Snake is actually doing and made the video codec installation funny. But I hope the recording doesn't use lags as Snake claims. Still, I like my Xvid codec better. I was a bit scared anyways.

Back
Top Bottom