FTP Access?

Xeon3D

Hi Edman (and Zophar, glad to see you back in here).

I was chatting with someone on a discord forum, and nostalgia kicked in. He was trying to find a very old pasofami (nes emu) version, and it ocurred to me that ZD might have it, even if it is not linked on any page.

Why FTP access you ask? I was wondering if I could get access to the old versions of emulators, so I can do an Online archive for people who like him wanted to find old emulators.

Or... if the website is for sale... that's another option.

Hi,

unfortunately, due to security concerns, nobody gets FTP access anymore. Even I do FTP access from only 1 computer. And due to the fact that somebody deleted major parts of the site via the site's admin CP by gaining access to a staff member's account, admin CP access is also pretty restricted.

Also, there are no rogue files on the server. The files are managed via a database, so if its on the server, its in the database, and its on the site. So if the site had a different version of pasofami, it would be up on the emulator's page under the file list. So in a way, FTP access doesn't actually give you access to anything... just the site's code and a meaningless directory structure.

Back
Top Bottom