Fix your stylesheets.

Vyruss

This is a request to fix your stylesheets. The stylesheets work fine in firefox but for those of us who absolutely refuse to use a browser which mandatorially forces us into updating without prior information or consent avoid it altogether and use IE8. I don't care about your arguments of how Internet Explorer and/or Microsoft are "evil" or "insecure" or "inferior to x OS" or whatever stuff you're gonna do to shirk your duties as a website administrator. I'll even offer to fix it myself. I just want it fixed.

I have absolutely no problems using ZD with Internet Explorer 8 if you view the site in Compatibility Mode.

This is a request to fix your stylesheets. The stylesheets work fine in firefox but for those of us who absolutely refuse to use a browser which mandatorially forces us into updating without prior information or consent avoid it altogether and use IE8. I don't care about your arguments of how Internet Explorer and/or Microsoft are "evil" or "insecure" or "inferior to x OS" or whatever stuff you're gonna do to shirk your duties as a website administrator. I'll even offer to fix it myself. I just want it fixed.

...wow.

How about you go over here and come back when it looks closer to this.

Oh, and to answer your request, NO.

Thanks for the tip, Montie.

Reaper Man - ROTT kicked ass, and I apologize for inconveniencing your busy life of posting on forums.

This is a request to fix your stylesheets. The stylesheets work fine in firefox but for those of us who absolutely refuse to use a browser which mandatorially forces us into updating without prior information or consent avoid it altogether and use IE8.

After logging in as admistrator/super user,
Edit>Preferences>Advanced>Update>Automatically check for updates to:> [_] Firefox

If you didn't know that, however, you probably shouldn't be fiddling around with advanced settings in the first place. Automatic updates are enabled by default for a good reason.

Aside from that, IE is hardly the best alternative to Firefox.

those of us who absolutely refuse to use a browser which mandatorially forces us into updating without prior information or consent avoid it altogether and use IE8.

IE8 "mandatorially" forces you to update as well when you enable the optional "automatic update" feature.

Edit: Also, unless someone already fixed it after this thread was started (which I doubt) then the CSS is already valid, with no errors, so it's impossible to "fix" it. You'll have to contact Microsoft and ask them why they still fail to render valid CSS even though they've had a hand in writing the specification for over a decade now.

Last edited:
Reaper Man - ROTT kicked ass, and I apologize for inconveniencing your busy life of posting on forums.

Well at least you have a relatively decent taste in games.

I feel as though I should explain my denial to your request a bit more thoroughly.
First of all, I have no access to the style sheets. I am only a forum administrator. Fixing said style sheets would be Edman's (the site owner) job, not mine. So why not have me contact Edman about the issue? Well, I believe that if a website has solid standards complaint code and it renders incorrectly in IE, then tough shit. A web developer should NOT have to bend over backwards to make his site render correctly in IE. As Isildur said in the above post, IE is hardly a decent alternative to Firefox. There are much, much better alternatives to IE other than Firefox that I seriously think you should look over. Also, load the ZD web page in each browser (Opera, Chrome, IE, Firefox) and you'll see that one of them renders like shit. I wonder which one that could be?

Finally, I'd like to also note that your overall attitude (see your recent backroom post) will not win you any friends here. Just a fair warning.

and I apologize for inconveniencing your busy life of posting on forums.
When you enter a place demanding that things absolutely must be done your way (and post count plays a factor too for some reason), you will always get the same reaction. People tend to hate when n00bies demand things, regardless of the intentions. :p

Back
Top Bottom