Extract audio from NES/SNES/N64 ROMs

Overkill

I'm trying to figure out how to do exactly what the title says. I have a bunch of ROMs with the extension of the system name (.NES, .SNES, .N64) and I want to get at the audio files for use as phone notifications, etc.

I downloaded some of the utilities from this site and I'm going to be trying them out, but if somebody already has a streamlined process or some tips for me I'd like to hear them :)

Update:
SNESSOR95 works for the SNES ROMs, so that's easy enough...now I just need this program to work for NES or N64 games :(

For NES, you're required to do a lot of 6502 assembly hacking in order to find the sound engine and extract the audio. There is no program that can do it for you. But the NSF files have already been extracted from just about every NES ROM in existence, so you should be able to just download the songs you want and convert them to the necessary format.

There are apparently a couple of utilities called "N64 Sound Bank Ripper" and "Sound Lib Extractor" that can extract the audio from some N64 games, but not all. I don't know anything about those, though, so you'll have to do your own research.

Back
Top Bottom