Emulated DS music

HCS' in_cube plug-in doesn't have anything to 2sf, unless you are putting it there because you used it to play streamed tracks from a game with ADX that you downloaded (there is at least one set of ADX files up there on the 2sf site).

vgmstream would be a better choice for playing NDS streamed files, as it supports .strm as well as .adx.

vgmstream would be a better choice for playing NDS streamed files, as it supports .strm as well as .adx.

Ah, I hadn't encountered anything with strm, so I didn't know about it. Thanks for the heads up. ;) Btw, is there a list of formats VGMstream supports anywhere? I remember looking, but couldn't find one. Could be I'm just blind.

In with the test releases there is a readme with a listing, but it is out of date. When we get to a real release I'll go through and audit all that stuff; working on the code seems more important than trying to get my co-authors to update the readme.

I'd also like to note that Final Fantasy Tactics A2 has .strm files that are not the standard Nintendo .strm files. These play in in_cube but support hasn't been added for them in vgmstream yet.

Last edited:
In with the test releases there is a readme with a listing, but it is out of date. When we get to a real release I'll go through and audit all that stuff; working on the code seems more important than trying to get my co-authors to update the readme.

Ok, fair enough. ;) I'll be looking forward to it. VGM_stream sounds like it's going to be better than in_cube.

Back
Top Bottom