EmuForge Forum Hack?

> This is so bizarre it seems fake. I wasn't aware there were
> militant Islamic h4x0rz ;P Ugh.

Well, there are hackers associated with Islamic terrorist groups, but I doubt they'd be hacking an emulation web site. Probably just another stupid kid trying to feel powerful.

<P ID="signature">
tiger5.gif
</P>

> Well, there are hackers associated with Islamic terrorist
> groups, but I doubt they'd be hacking an emulation web site.
> Probably just another stupid kid trying to feel powerful.

That's what I was thinking...probably some script kiddie riding the wave of 'buzz' sourounding stuff such as that at this point in time.

<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/ZeldaDD
Spenchi_Xanga.txt
</a></P>

> So, yeah, did EmuForge actually get hacked?
> This is so bizarre it seems fake. I wasn't aware there were
> militant Islamic h4x0rz ;P Ugh.

I wouldn't have even known the forums were hacked if you hadn't mentioned it. The hacker wasn't very discreet and left a visible trail of evidence. The scary thing is that the admin log shows a set of IP addresses that all correspond to the range processed by a gateway that services ALL Saudi Arabia net traffic. It seems that the hacker is indeed from Saudi Arabia.

The hacker was also dumb enough to create a separate account on the forums before changing the admin password. Like a complete idiot, they changed my password to match theirs. You can notice that is the case by the password hashes matching exactly. Embarrassingly enough, they also specified an email address when creating their own account _and_ they modified my email address to match theirs. Its a different email address than the one listed on the hacked web page. I checked out a web page associated with the email address and all I can say is things are getting weird at this point. Either there are really some bored sheiks or the clueless script kiddie was diligent enough to paint someone else with the blame.

<P ID="signature"></P>

> Either there are really some bored sheiks or
> the clueless script kiddie was diligent enough to paint
> someone else with the blame.
>

Or terrorists hijacking the forum to use for communicating with each other.

Cyberspace Gives Al Qaeda Refuge

<P ID="signature">
njhunt.jpg
</P>

> Or terrorists hijacking the forum to use for communicating
> with each other.

That is unlikely given that the forum database table is completely empty and there are no posts.

<P ID="signature"></P>

> > Or terrorists hijacking the forum to use for communicating
> > with each other.
>
> That is unlikely given that the forum database table is
> completely empty and there are no posts.

Don't mind him, he looks for any reason at all to freak out and convince himself of some terrorist plot.

<P ID="signature">
new_jersey.gif
</P>

> Don't mind him, he looks for any reason at all to freak out
> and convince himself of some terrorist plot.
>

What do you mean convince? It is a terrorist plot. We're all doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<P ID="signature">
njhunt.jpg
</P>

Back
Top Bottom