Does this USB GBA Linker work with the DS?

> So my question--obviously--is can I use a GBA flash linker
> and flash cart on my normal DS?

Yeah, but you're better off to just get a Slot-2 DS flash cart. I use a http://eng.supercard.cn/Supercard Mini SD</a> and I like it a lot, but there's plenty of others to choose from. Just be sure you get a Slot 2 one if you want to play GBA games.
<P ID="signature"><font size="-2">I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.
~ William Shakespeare

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0</font></P>

> Yeah, but you're better off to just get a Slot-2 DS flash
> cart. I use a Supercard Mini SD and I like it a lot, but
> there's plenty of others to choose from. Just be sure you
> get a Slot 2 one if you want to play GBA games.

he might also want to look into getting the EZ-V card with 3 in 1 expansion pack. it plays DS games in slot 1 and loads GBA games in the slot 2 expansion pack. Oh yes, and the expansion pack also has rumble and memory expansion as well. :)

sorta makes me wish I waited. ;p (has an M3 lite himself)

<P ID="signature"></P>

> he might also want to look into getting the EZ-V card with 3
> in 1 expansion pack. it plays DS games in slot 1 and loads
> GBA games in the slot 2 expansion pack. Oh yes, and the
> expansion pack also has rumble and memory expansion as well.
> :)

How much is that EZ-V?

The carts I want to dump and *cough*edit*cough* are pretty much Squaresoft RPGs, ToP, and the Golden Suns. I'm looking for the cheapest way to do it...oh and I'll also need something that can read/write battery saves.
<P ID="signature"></P>

> How much is that EZ-V?

Depends on where you buy it. I've seen the two piece combo (Both the Slot-1 card and the optional Slot-2) for $60. All you have to do then is buy a MicroSD memory card for the Slot-1 piece.
<P ID="signature"><font size="-2">I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.
~ William Shakespeare

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0</font></P>

> .oh and I'll also need
> something that can read/write battery saves.

I was gonna suggest another proggy that I think probably has support for more save types (or maybe not), but it needs to run in GBA mode and so can't upload anything to a Slot-1 card.

Try the program here: http://blog.davr.org/2007/03/31/eepinator/EEPinator</a>. It's gonna have issues backing up a DS game save because of issues with game card swapping I guess (a Slot-2 device works better in that regard, probably someone will get it working eventually though), but it should be able to back up GBA gamesaves to your slot-1 card fine. I haven't tested it much, so it might work better than I think it does, Davr does do some good work.

It uses DLDI, so it should basically support anything, besides the odd device or two that no one has bothered to reverse engineer (only one I can think of is some slot-1 card Datel makes).
<P ID="signature">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjXHfVou58A
z54103151.png

Click the Link (picture) to go make fun of my brother!</a></P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by The 9th Sage on 06/28/07 11:33 PM.</FONT></P>

Back
Top Bottom