that is also all
<P ID="signature">Chris

/personal/mfc/newsig.png</P>

> > ...rocks...that is all...
> >
> agreed
> that is also all
>
What router do you have? If I would've known I would've got the WRT54GL...but I have settle for the WRT54G V5 with it's small memory using the micro distro of DD-WRT

And yet it is leaps and bounds better than stock...

What motivated me to flash my router was the fact that some p2p apps *cough*ARES*cough* flood the router with an average of 200 connections per file download...so if you download 5, that's about 1000...I had to up it at the router level to 2048 and the PC to 4096...
<P ID="signature"></P>

i ended up picking up the wrt54gl specifically for dd-wrt... my old router was a linksys 802.11b and i wanted to upgrade to something g compatible while having a fairly robust feature set
<P ID="signature">Chris

/personal/mfc/newsig.png</P>

>...but I have settle for the WRT54G V5 with it's
> small memory using the micro distro of DD-

That's what I have to do, but boy, much better than the stock firmware. It's possible to more than triple the range of my router with DD-WRT. O_O I was trying to get it to reach this picknick table three buildings down...sadly, it just BARELY won't reach. I won't bump it any higher since it would just be asking for my router to become extra-crispy.
<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/zeldadd
w7455115.png

My blog...the perfect cure for curry withdrawl!!</a></P>

dag nabbit, killed my wrt54gv8, apparently it is one of the ones with the EON Flash that isn't properly supported yet. Supposedly it'll work fine when support is added.
<P ID="signature"><hr>
(04:33:02) Nimdae: i use l33t h4x0r in a very loose sense</P>

> reach this picknick table three buildings down...sadly, it
> just BARELY won't reach. I won't bump it any higher since
> it would just be asking for my router to become
> extra-crispy.
>
Are you increasing the voltage? I went from 28mv (default) to 56mw...it didn't seem to make much of a difference...However what really made a difference was to buy those gigaware 7dbi antennas for $10 at radio shack when they have them on sale (Catalog #: 25-162)
<P ID="signature"></P>

> Are you increasing the voltage? I went from 28mv (default)
> to 56mw...i

Yeah, increasing the power. It made a huge difference for me, but I couldn't *quite* get it to where I needed it.
<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/zeldadd
w7455115.png

My blog...the perfect cure for curry withdrawl!!</a></P>

yay, up and running.
<P ID="signature"><hr>
(04:33:02) Nimdae: i use l33t h4x0r in a very loose sense</P>

Back
Top Bottom