CPS 3 Encryption Broken!

> Interesting. Now someone needs to do something about the
> NAOMI hardware and I'll be happy.

I've actually been thinking about that, and I've come to the conclusion that this mostly hinges on just how similar Sega's new Aurora hardware is to the old NAOMI and NAOMI 2. If they're too similar, MAMEdev may get cold feet about it until the Aurora is dead. But if they're dissimilar enough to not really be related, then we may see progress pretty soon (The Guru's started dumping the games, and I believe Sega has discontinued the GD-ROM format, which will help).

But the hardware I'm looking at as the next to be cracked is the Taito G-NET. Once dumped, the games should work fully (sans sound, thanks to an unemulated DSP) due to them being on a modified ZN-2 board. It's just the dumping that's tough, but smf is apparently making progress.

On one last note, Andreas Naive is really making a name for himself. Helping with cracking the CPS2 and now breaking the CPS3? Quite the rising star.
<P ID="signature"><marquee direction="left" scrollamount="8">
kelet_av.gif
</marquee>
!luos ruoy tae lliw stelek ehT</P>

Wow. I'll be looking into that soon, no doubt. I wonder what the MAME guys are planning around this?
<P ID="signature"></P>

> Wow. I'll be looking into that soon, no doubt. I wonder what
> the MAME guys are planning around this?
>
Mame++ was recompiled to support CPS3. It needs the roms and chd for MAME though...but it supports kaillera so it's nice.
Too bad SFIII isn't really my cup of tea and I can see why...it's not a huge leap compared to the rest of the fighting engines.
<P ID="signature"></P>

> Too bad SFIII isn't really my cup of tea and I can see
> why...it's not a huge leap compared to the rest of the
> fighting engines.

Yeah, I was utterly dissapointed by it. I never had a chance of playing it before, and all the comments made me see it as the next best thing in the universe. It is not a bad game, but many other cps2 games have a higher regard in my book.

Same goes for warzard. Jojo is quite fun, though.

<P ID="signature">_- | -_
</P>

Back
Top Bottom