Complete staff overhaul + We're hiring!

Reaper man

Alright, for those that aren't aware, when ZD gained new ownership, Edman hired a good 30 or so "content managers" which are the ones that post news and do updates on the site. As of now, around 29 (maybe less, I'm not too sure) weren't really doing anything, leaving all the work to just one guy (as you can see, look below.) Therefore I have decided to just demote everyone else and start fresh. Now just because I demoted you doesn't mean I hate you or that I think you are lazy, etc, so don't take it personally. I might have demoted some of you in error, since some of the work being done to the site was more behind the scenes and therefore not reflected on the front page. Any former content managers can of course still apply, just as long as they remain active and actually do something. With that said, I'm proud to announce that we have positions available in the following areas.

News:

-Emulators for PC
-Emulators for *nix/Mac
-Emulators for Consoles
-Rom hacks/utilities
-Game Music

and general site maintainer.

If you are interested, please send me a PM (registration to the forums required, of course) and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Oh, and have a Happy Holidays. :>

Oh, and have a Happy Holidays. :>

Christmas Eve... that's really cold. I've been helping maintain the database for over 5 years, but since I started the management has done nothing but dig a grave for ZD. Personal or not, I'm not going to waste any more time holding the shovel for you. The next time I get some free time, I'm going to spend it elsewhere.

Now Brad is making management decisions for the site, too?

Thanks Edman, but it was nice while it lasted. If this was your decision then you're going to drive ZD right back into the ground again.

In an attempt to relieve the unemployed's feelings
Did you guys know Edman hasn't logged on since September?
minus recently in Dec 22 four days ago, but obviously the phrase "I read all threads anyway" couldn't have applied in the course of that one day, so even if all this was done before then he'd probably still not notice.

What little I did see is that if he did log on he checked any PMs he got usually replied at first, mostly went as far as "Searching Forums," so yeah.

And yes Edman made Reaper Man an admin before that long period, not having been a member way back when before the site sold to see all the trouble he got into. He kinda never saw the various complaint threads back when there were just super moderators, not to insult the poor guys or anything

And hey, duh Edman cares, I believe in making a difference! But man Mr. Reap sure can speak, and my part I guess obviously it was already made here

Wishes everyone.. I'll still hang out we can never forget this place right?

I pm'ed Brad about helping out as far as hacks were concerned.

But after reading Iconoclast's post, I can't help but wonder if it's the idea of starting totally fresh, none of the old guard around, so to speak.

Hey, it's Edman's choice and his site. I'm glad it's still here.

I don't log-in for a few days and then I find a few surprises. Personally, I don't think that it was necessary to demote Content Managers, but I suppose we'll only see if this decision was for good or for ill in the next months. For my part, I'll do my best to keep ZD alive and updated with the hope of making it as glorious as it once was. I expect that this time around there we'll be more news posters, specially for systems that I can't handle.

Eh-heh, by all means, there's no hopelessness to this at all really. I PMed him, too.

Even if Edman stops coming at least both admins read all this stuff--whatever the hell they react with (to me usually reasonable to clarify).

I don't log-in for a few days and then I find a few surprises. Personally, I don't think that it was necessary to demote Content Managers, but I suppose we'll only see if this decision was for good or for ill in the next months. For my part, I'll do my best to keep ZD alive and updated with the hope of making it as glorious as it once was. I expect that this time around there we'll be more news posters, specially for systems that I can't handle.

Dude, I've been there. You rock.

I'll more than likely be rounding up the applicants and start "interviewing" them sometime either later on tonight or tomorrow.

Oh, and to clear up any sort of confusion, this was all my idea from the get go. All Edman did was greenlight it.

While I agree that a staff re-organization was necessary, the way it was announced was too aggressive, in my opinion.

You should have kept, let's say, for exemple, the 5 most active ones, instead of deleting all of them. You could have sent them a private message, about a week before doing it, so at least, it wouldn't have been a surprise for them.

Let's not forget, god, not on christmas eve !

Keep in mind that a board with an even number of moderators or administrators can't work.

Last edited:
Good luck with the overhaul. I'm still down for emus for consoles job since I pretty much updated those behind the scenes and got emails from creators on newer updates.

Yeah, I think we're probably getting down the list now...Brad's been working on it, and I've given my opinion where I can, so hopefully soon we'll have another batch of content mods.

For the records, I agree on what you're saying about the agressiveness (I guess that's the description :p), not much to do about it now I suppose. We all were talking about it on the IA forum, so the people who were here probably knew what was going to happen, or should have anyway, but even so...

Christmas Eve... that's really cold. I've been helping maintain the database for over 5 years, but since I started the management has done nothing but dig a grave for ZD. Personal or not, I'm not going to waste any more time holding the shovel for you. The next time I get some free time, I'm going to spend it elsewhere.

My thoughts exactly. Specially the parts in bold.
Yet, I didn't "maintain the database", but I surely updated it a lot. And I'm glad that at least part of some of my ideas are being put in use even if with little success. Funny thing is that when I proposed them, nobody understood and preferred to throw rocks at me instead.

I doubt Brad is interested in anyone else's ideas, he's probably too busy gloating over the new-found power he's managed to grab after being a notorious board troll that refused to go away for years.

What happened to all this wonderful "change" that was supposed to happen, Edman? Oh wait, you can't talk to him either because he never actually -looks- at the boards.

To all the friends that I've met over the years, it's been wonderful being with you, even through some of the up's and down's in my moderator's position, but this is going to be my last visit. My private messaging is set to e-mail me so that I don't have to browse here again, if you must get in contact with me then I'd suggest that way.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

What were/are your ideas ?

My thoughts exactly. Specially the parts in bold.
Yet, I didn't "maintain the database", but I surely updated it a lot. And I'm glad that at least part of some of my ideas are being put in use even if with little success. Funny thing is that when I proposed them, nobody understood and preferred to throw rocks at me instead.

It really should have been done with more tact (or differently in the first place) but I think the plan is to hire back people who had content mod positions and still want to have them (by all means, PM me about that). I also apologize to those who's feelings were hurt by it. It really is not anything personal, I swear to you.

It really should have been done with more tact (or differently in the first place) but I think the plan is to hire back people who had content mod positions and still want to have them (by all means, PM me about that). I also apologize to those who's feelings were hurt by it. It really is not anything personal, I swear to you.

But the problem remains: some people will still come only for the title of content manager on ZD, and you'll still end up many inactive content managers (Not saying that all the previous ones were inactive). My two big concerns are:

- The way it has been announced
- Why demote all the staff ?

Not to say bad things about the previous managers, some of 'em were doing a great job, but the problems isn't only who is a manager, but more on the procedure used to hire them.

As for the users ideas, post them in the suggestions board, and see the community's reaction, before denying them. Put them through a vote. Here's the importance on having an odd number of mods/managers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom