Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes

I would venture a guess that it has to do with fanbase. Eliminate all of the hardcore gamers and Final Fantasy would still sell a metric fuckton of games, whereas 99% of Chrono Trigger's fanbase *is* those hardcore gamers, based on my experiences.

I would venture a guess that it has to do with fanbase. Eliminate all of the hardcore gamers and Final Fantasy would still sell a metric fuckton of games, whereas 99% of Chrono Trigger's fanbase *is* those hardcore gamers, based on my experiences.

Fair enough...but even so, when you put it this way, it sounds a lot like they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Oh, no doubt it is a strong arm tactic. That said, they sent a C+D, and they have more money than all of us put together that they could use to pursue this if they wanted to. As Agent12 more or less said, as much as it stinks, is it worth possibly screwing your life the hell up to fight it?

do you really think it would be smart for a company to pursue the C&D when it would cost them money in lawyer fees for something that isn't even a financial risk for them. I still think their bluffing. If I was in the hackers shoes, I would have told them to go fuck themselves. Even if they did follow through and try to sue me, they would get nothing. I have no assets. I would have nothing to lose. The most they could do is throw me in prison, and if they did I'd probably make the news, and give them a pretty bad rep.

do you really think it would be smart for a company to pursue the C&D when it would cost them money in lawyer fees for something that isn't even a financial risk for them. I still think their bluffing. If I was in the hackers shoes, I would have told them to go fuck themselves. Even if they did follow through and try to sue me, they would get nothing. I have no assets. I would have nothing to lose. The most they could do is throw me in prison, and if they did I'd probably make the news, and give them a pretty bad rep.

You do realize that pretty much any company the size of SE has a legal team on retainer, don't you? It likely wouldn't cost SE anything that they're not already paying if they chose to take someone to court.

And they would get something. In fact, they'd get exactly what they sought. A company suing someone for $150,000 (or whatever random amount you assign) isn't about getting the money, it's about averting future problems. If you were to lose a lawsuit, it's going to make a majority of other potential offenders think long and hard before they do the same thing. And, presuming SE won the suit, it would also set a legal precedent that could be used to their advantage in the future.

As for getting nothing from you, you obviously know very little about how the legal system works. Unless you're one of the lucky few who doesn't have to work for a living, they can quite easily get something from you, as evidenced by the 15% of my paycheck that disappears before I ever see it.

Back
Top Bottom