cdrom drive not working

breadcrust

I have a samsung cdrom drive that has decided to stop working after i put it in someones computer. now it wont work on any computers. it attempts to read cds but it cant.

i opened it up to have had a look. the cd spins and the lens moves around, but i took the motor out to have a look and it seems to rattle! my guess would be that the motor is dying and its not spinning fast enough, but that doesnt explain why it stopped working just when i put it in the other guy's computer.

some of you might say, its just a cdrom drive, throw it out already! but i really like this drive, its the best looking drive ive ever seen (but not sexy, computer parts are <u>not</u> sexy!) so i would like to keep it.

but if i cant fix the drive, had anybody got any tips on stuff to do with dead drives? (as in make them into something else really cool like a SNES APU like from my post earlier this month

<P ID="signature">Breadcrust

http://phantasyrpg.com/main.php?view=20335Click me!, you know you want to...</a>
xbreadcrust.png
</P>

> but if i cant fix the drive, had anybody got any tips on
> stuff to do with dead drives? (as in make them into
> something else really cool like a SNES APU like from my post
> earlier this month
>

Here's some good suggestions:

1. Put it in the microwave
2. Add it to your fridge to show off to people.
3. Paint a face on it and carry it around with you everywhere... on a leash.
4. Climb a tall building and throw it out a window.

<P ID="signature">--------------------

peepos.gif

So ein vogel kommt sofort geflogen.</P>

My CD drive is all messed up, too. Permanently it sounds like shit when I play CDs. For a while, it made a horable noise when it played CDROMs, and last time, it made noises regardless. Did you restart your computer? Mine stopped making noise then. It might also be a bit phisically faulty. I had to stick a CD through the front of the disk tray to stop the noise.

<P ID="signature"> Sucking energy from various life forms
...Such as delicious corn, slightly-salted mashed potatoes, and a large juicy steak with a side of A-1 sauce.</P>

I have a samsung CDROM drive that was fast and looked cool too.
It didnt worked so I took it apart and found a cable unplugged.
Which probably got unplugged from the Extensive rattling and grinding It decided to do after I took it out of my old eMachines computer

<P ID="signature"></P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by metbot on 12/08/04 10:50 AM.</FONT></P>

Back
Top Bottom