Broken Super UFO

mrfreeze

So I got a Super UFO for $80 at a flea market. The thing is it doesn't work. The floppy drive is fried, but that is easy to fix. The real problem is something is wrong with the internals. I don't know what, I know nothing about that sort of thing. So I'm offering it up to someone who does. Since the bastards who run the booth would only give me store credit and no refund (seriously, why would I want $80 store credit for a shitty flea market booth) I'm hoping someone on here who has the skills to repair such a thing will buy it off of me.

Let's say $20?
<P ID="signature"></P>

Does it start up or anything? How did you find out the floppy drive was broken?

<P ID="signature"><hr noshade>
Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study hard. Be evil.</P>

> Does it start up or anything? How did you find out the
> floppy drive was broken?
>
The device itself works fine. It can act up once in a while if its at a weird angle, but a quick reset fixes that. Basically the floppy drive in it makes a horrible grinding noise if you put a disk in it. I replaced the drive and that worked fine. But the system itself wouldn't recognize that there was a disk in there. So I ran the system diagnostic that is in the program, and it said either the ram or the rom was fucked up.

It will copy a game to dram fine, but you can't copy to or from a floppy disk which was the only reason I wanted the fucking thing. So if someone knows how to fix it, they are more than welcome to the thing.
<P ID="signature"></P>

Back
Top Bottom