ARProductions2009's review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARProductions2009

(Admin's note: There were too many of these. I felt it would be a bit cleaner to just merge all of these into one thread. It makes more sense that way. Also, you could subscribe to this thread to get more reviews from sprint car fan, but I don't see why you would... ;p

Admin's note 2: Come to think of it, this should be in gaming/console talk. Moving.)

This is my first ever game review. I hope you enjoy. I am not trying to be the best reviewer out there.

Super Mario Bros (NES):

Watch in HD if you like

Yes I was a bit nervous

You might want to consider writing out a script or an outline beforehand, it will help keep you focused when you're speaking. A game review should be like a book report in school, but with slightly less formal language. Address the specific details of the game, emphasizing the pros and cons, and try to avoid colloquialisms like, "that was cool", unless accompanied by the kind of imagery needed for your listener to agree with you.

Since SMB is a known classic, it might be good to focus on those things modern gamers might be frustrated with (e.g. no ability to save, occasional glitches, boxy graphics, imperfect hit detection). This is not for the sake of trashing the game, but just to emphasize how we've improved on it.

Last edited:
You might want to consider writing out a script or an outline beforehand, it will help keep you focused when you're speaking. A game review should be like a book report in school, but with slightly less formal language. Address the specific details of the game, emphasizing the pros and cons, and try to avoid colloquialisms like, "that was cool", unless accompanied by the kind of imagery needed for your listener to agree with you.

Since SMB is a known classic, it might be good to focus on those things modern gamers might be frustrated with (e.g. no ability to save, occasional glitches, boxy graphics, imperfect hit detection). This is not for the sake of trashing the game, but just to emphasize how we've improved on it.

Thanks for the ideas. I was nervous making this video, and well. I didn't know how it was gonna turn out. I plan on writing a script for the next video.

I got a lot of work to do on these videos. I had a pros and cons recorded. Just the thing is. I thought I sounded like a idiot. lol

It might be a while before the next review. Might be a few days. I am fighting a cold, and last night I slipped and fell on some ice. So I am recovering from that.

Anyways. thanks for the ideas!

Game Review #2: Kirby's Dream Land

I have another game review done. This time I did Kirby’s Dream Land for the Gameboy. Hopefully this is a bit better then Super Mario Bros:

You can either watch it now. Or wait for the High Definition to kick in. This is my last review until after Christmas. I hope you enjoy this. Yes I was once again i was nervous

As far as your review, I found it a bit verbose. Your focus was more about how you felt about the game rather than examining the game mechanics, graphics, etc. You should work on toning down the language and focusing more on what the game elements are instead of giving away the ending/game and waiting until the end to actually give feedback about the game. I'm not trying to give you a hard time. Just constructive criticism. You'll reach a far broader audience if you are more concise and less "wordy".

I love this game. Superstar (SNES) will always be the best. I wonder if they have a game for Wii? *goes to look*

Anyways, Kirby is awesome. I know it's very much a kid's game but I enjoy it.

That brings up an important question indeed, what IS Kirby?

Game Review #3: Alcatraz (Super Mario Bros ROM Hack)

Game Review #3

Alcatraz (Super Mario Bros ROM Hack)

Watch it now or watch it in HD

Thanks for watching!

1. The swearing. It feels so forced, it's a bit of a turnoff. Nothing wrong with swearing, but it has to be executed properly, or else you're just trying to do it to be funny.

2. "Kooper Troopers?" Really!?

3. The game doesn't look THAT hard actually. You're dying on some relatively easy shit. And your screaming rage when you die is harsh to listen to. I mean you're that mad that you simply ran into a fireline in Bowser's castle? Jesus, man, video games get a lot harder than that. Settle down.

Your videos wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the forced shouting into the mic.

1. The swearing. It feels so forced, it's a bit of a turnoff. Nothing wrong with swearing, but it has to be executed properly, or else you're just trying to do it to be funny.

2. "Kooper Troopers?" Really!?

3. The game doesn't look THAT hard actually. You're dying on some relatively easy shit. And your screaming rage when you die is harsh to listen to. I mean you're that mad that you simply ran into a fireline in Bowser's castle? Jesus, man, video games get a lot harder than that. Settle down.

Your videos wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the forced shouting into the mic.

I admit I fucked up...sorry

Hopefully they will get better

I apologize for my last review for sucking so much ass. It was just a fuckin mess.

Hopefully the next one is better.

I also read comments that I was sounding like a ripoff of the AVGN and the Super Mario Bros Frustration Guy. Well I am not intending to do it, and if I did sound like it. I apologize.

For those of you who liked it. Thanks, I really don't like it, but thanks for watching it.

It's just tough doing this. I get really nervous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Game Review #4: Donkey Kong

New review, Donkey Kong for the NES

Hopefully this is better than that last shitbomb
Take care, and Enjoy!! :D

1. No mention of the Pie Factory level missing from the NES version?

2. The falling from heights and dying thing: not a flaw, that was programmed in to make it harder

3. "Fireball type dudes?"

4. That's not Mario; that's Jumpman. He was named Mario later on (when "Mario Bros." came out I think)

5. It was not released for the NES in 1981. The NES was released in '85.

1. No mention of the Pie Factory level missing from the NES version?

2. The falling from heights and dying thing: not a flaw, that was programmed in to make it harder

3. "Fireball type dudes?"

4. That's not Mario; that's Jumpman. He was named Mario later on (when "Mario Bros." came out I think)

5. It was not released for the NES in 1981. The NES was released in '85.

It's already been pointed out that i screwed up another review. I need to do more research. Sorry :(

How old are you? I'm not asking to be insulting, but if you're pretty young, it would explain why you don't know much about old NES games.

I've been playing video games since 1987, so I know NES pretty well. :)

How old are you? I'm not asking to be insulting, but if you're pretty young, it would explain why you don't know much about old NES games.

I've been playing video games since 1987, so I know NES pretty well. :)

I am 20 years old. I been playing games since age 4, so that would be 1992, I played alot of old games. I just plain screwed up the review.

Game Review #5: From The Legend of Balubalouk

Game Review #5: From The Legend of Balubalouk

A new review. Now, I am gonna say this now. This game is in Japanese, if I mispronounced something. I apologize in adavance. Thanks

The version in your review is actually the arcade version. The NES version looks different if I remember correctly. The arcade did actually come out in 1981. If that helps a little bit.

These things happen though. YouTube is a tough crowd. Not to mention the trolls. I have to agree with 9th Sage I dunno how well I'd do with it either.

At the very least, have fun with it.

The version in your review is actually the arcade version. The NES version looks different if I remember correctly. The arcade did actually come out in 1981. If that helps a little bit.

These things happen though. YouTube is a tough crowd. Not to mention the trolls. I have to agree with 9th Sage I dunno how well I'd do with it either.

At the very least, have fun with it.

Well I was using a NES emulator so it has to be the NES version. I dunno. I guess people just don't like my reviews

Game Review #6: Batman Forever (Sega Game Gear version)

Game Review #6: Batman Forever (Sega Game Gear version)

Hope you enjoy, Sorry its so short, and I feel like I talked a bit fast.

Thanks for watching

Also, before you say I stole this idea from the Angry Video Game Nerd, he did the Sega Genesis version of the game. This is the Game Gear version. I do plan on doing a review of the Sega Genesis version, but I honestly thought that game was pretty cool. I am not trying to be a copycat. I was playing this game and thought it needed a review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom