Any possibility of running an emu (SNES/NES/GBx) on the XBOX360 without a modchip?

JCE3000GT

Would it be possible? Hell, the 360 does every-freaking-thing else.
<P ID="signature">
sigbar1.gif
</P>

Re: Any possibility of running an emu (SNES/NES/GBx) on the XBOX360 without a modchip?

> Would it be possible? Hell, the 360 does
> every-freaking-thing else.

microsoft put out an SDK called XNA or something which allows you to put homebrewn games on a 360, but there are a few catches that i'm aware of
i think you have to buy a subscription to XNA for $99 and have runtimes installed on your 360 along with some sort of connection to your pc (it doesnt allow homebrewn games from dvd/memory card/etc just yet)
apps need to be built on your pc too, no prepackaged binaries

or you could flash the firmware of your 360's dvd drive and hope that the xbox emulator on there picks up your emulator cd/dvds. but it might not work, and you might get banned from xbox live.

all i know is, i feel like shit.

<P ID="signature">Chris

/personal/mfc/newsig.png</P>

Re: Any possibility of running an emu (SNES/NES/GBx) on the XBOX360 without a modchip?

No. Not yet. The 360 has super-duper security as far as most know. Signed binaries, and their little 'homebrew kit XNA studio' is super-duper restricted. No internet, no HDD, small binaries (IIRC), C# only.

However, at the 23C3 in Germany some hooded guy showed off what appeared to be the first Xbox 360 hack/homebrew. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. However--nothing tangable has come out of it yet.

<P ID="signature">
banner.png
</P>

Back
Top Bottom