American far-right group blocking Canadians from calling their Members of Parliament...

Sephirstein

American far-right group blocking Canadians from calling their Members of Parliament...

Liberal and Bloc Quebecois MPs who support same-sex marriage have recently been complaining that a flood of phone calls and faxes from American far-right group Focus on the Family, which is also trying to take over the Conservative Party. (Actually, maybe that's not such a bad thing...Religious conservatism is deeply unpopular in Canada, and if FoF and its allies become too influential within the Tories, the Liberals will be pushed to the right and allow the party I support, the NDP, to pick up left-leaning Liberal voters disillusioned by their party.)

Incidentally, FoF runs a Mega-Church in Taipei, Taiwan at which Harry Potter books are regularly burned...

What does it say about Dumbya that openly advertised James Dobson's endorsement on his "re"-election site?

Re: American far-right group blocking Canadians from calling their Members of Parliament...

allow the party I
> support, the NDP, to pick up left-leaning Liberal voters
> disillusioned by their party.)

Hmm, looks like there is another reason for me not to support the NDP anymore. I wish they would stop nagging me for bloody donations.

Re: American far-right group blocking Canadians from calling their Members of Parliament...

> Liberals will be pushed to the right

The whole point of being Liberal is to be central, not too left wing and not too right wing. If you want to go right wing join the fucking Conservative party.

> and allow the party I support, the NDP, to pick up left-leaning Liberal
> voters disillusioned by their party.)

I seriously doubt that. If they wanted to go left they would have before the vote of Non Confidence (Which, of course, only proved the Liberals are the right guys to be in power).

Oh, by the way, Steven Harper isn't going down without a fight. If the FoF wants control of the Conservative party, in any form, you can count on him to kick them back to wherever the fuck they came from.

And no, it's not a good idea, because A) we don't need any American influence up here, and B) the Liberals would find out and put a stop to it one way or the other.

FOF needs to mind it's own fucking business.
Canada has their own problems, and FOF would be better off concentrating on troubles here....

Back
Top Bottom