Alright, I'm stuck!

Rattlehead

I'm trying to install (or whatever it's called) FCE Ultra on my Wii, and I'm lost now.

I set up the folder hierarchy the way that I needed to (downloaded the Homebrew Channel, downloaded FCEUGC, arranged them into folders correctly, etc.) On the Homebrew Channel's website, it says that I need to have a copy of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and a savegame for it. Savegames are easy to find, courtesy of GameFAQs. I don't have said game though, so that's a bit of a problem. Is there any other way to put FCE Ultra onto my Wii? Thanks in advance to anyone who knows how to help me.

On the Homebrew Channel's website, it says that I need to have a copy of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and a savegame for it. Savegames are easy to find, courtesy of GameFAQs. I don't have said game though, so that's a bit of a problem.

Well there is your problem. You need the right version of the "Twilight Hack" game save from the Homebrew Channel website (the one for your region) and Twilight Princess. See, it relies on a hacked game save that causes a buffer overflow on Epona's name and causes the game to load code from boot.elf (or boot.dol) in the root of your SD card. In your case I assume you put FCEUltra GX. You can't just take any game save from the internet and expect it to magically work, you need the...'specially crafted' game save from their website.

And no, there is no other way. If you were to rent Twilight Princess, then you could use it to install the Homebrew Channel, but initially the only way to run homebrew is Twilight Princess.

Well there is your problem. You need the right version of the "Twilight Hack" game save from the Homebrew Channel website (the one for your region) and Twilight Princess. See, it relies on a hacked game save that causes a buffer overflow on Epona's name and causes the game to load code from boot.elf (or boot.dol) in the root of your SD card. In your case I assume you put FCEUltra GX. You can't just take any game save from the internet and expect it to magically work, you need the...'specially crafted' game save from their website.

And no, there is no other way. If you were to rent Twilight Princess, then you could use it to install the Homebrew Channel, but initially the only way to run homebrew is Twilight Princess.

Wait a sec...I only need to hack the game one time?

Wait a sec...I only need to hack the game one time?

If you install the Homebrew Channel then yes. Then you could just use that to load homebrew instead of Twilight Princess. Except if you've updated to the 3.4 update which destroys the current Twilight Hack, which I guess you did. You'll have to wait until there is another way (Team Twiizers definitely seems to be planning something).

Back
Top Bottom