Accessing My Computer is horribly slow

> Any ideas?

Does the same thing happen at Open and Save prompts? Do you have any network drives mapped?
<P ID="signature">_______________________________________
</P>

> Yes, opening it happens, but only if I select My computer in
> the drop down.

Okay. When I saw this sort of thing before, it was because there was a non-responsive drive or device under My Computer (such as a network drive that you no longer have access to). Windows will be waiting for that device to respond and won't display the contents until a timeout has been reached.

Do you have anything under My Computer besides local hard drives and optical drives?
<P ID="signature">_______________________________________
</P>

> Okay. When I saw this sort of thing before, it was because
> there was a non-responsive drive or device under My Computer
> (such as a network drive that you no longer have access to).
> Windows will be waiting for that device to respond and
> won't display the contents until a timeout has been reached.

I thought something similar. I rebooted and that seems to have taken care of the problem, though it could still concern me. The only drives I have are C, D, and E (CD drive). I haven't used the CD drive today.
<P ID="signature"><HR>http://www.geocities.com/lordsivak/index.htmlVisit my Mega Man page</A>

- Sivak Drac</P>

Re: Accessing My Computer is horribly slow UPDATE

> Do you have anything under My Computer besides local hard drives and optical drives?

Actually, scratch my last post. The same thing happened again today. It's gotta be the CD drive. I right clicked and got a "Not responding" from my computer. This doesn't make sense as I am not even using the CD drive. I don't use the CD drive too often either.

I looked in SiSoftware Sandra. It took like 10 seconds for it to ID the drive (normally takes half a second) and didn't give any info. Just a bunch of nothing...

cdinfozq0.gif

<P ID="signature"><HR>http://www.geocities.com/lordsivak/index.htmlVisit my Mega Man page</A>

- Sivak Drac</P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by SivakDrac on 09/10/07 07:34 PM.</FONT></P>

Re: Accessing My Computer is horribly slow UPDATE

You might want to try re-installing it...
usually its just when a cd is in the drive though-- try playing with the master/slave settings and putting it on a channel its own(if you have more than one drive)

<P ID="signature">"The other day i was at the park and was wondering why frisbees look bigger and bigger as they get closer to you...."
"...and then it hit me."</P>

Back
Top Bottom