A Quick Question

ThatSandersKid

When ZD was relaunched last year, I joined as a staff member. I was managing the Java SE emulator section (I am a Java programmer, I wrote vNES - www.virtualnes.com).

And I apparently don't anymore. Wondered who (if anyone) took that over, and if I would be able to manage it again.

Late last year, I removed all staff but 1 because it looked like the rest weren't really doing anything.

I may rehire you, BUT it would be for Java,Linux and OSX. What you are asking is waaay too narrow.

I'd love to.

One note, however, I have zero experience with Mac OS X and limited experience with Linux. I would feel more at home in the Java / Mobile Phones / Consoles section, with a specialization for NES, GBA and DC in utilities.

sorry for the delay.. been a bit busy... well, ok lazy.. ha.

here's the problem. We already have emulators for consoles covered by 2 people. I don't feel we need another at this time, but I could look at the logs and see if it is really needed. If you can prove to me that you can add stuff that the other 2 aren't covering, I'll consider it. Otherwise, it would just bee too redundant to add you.

the problem with that is Java/phone emulators is to narrow of a field to cover, which is the reason why I suggested he update the linux and OSX sections as well.

Do you have a need for any staff?

If you are looking for some content managers, I'm interested in having a hand in it. I can cover the Linux field (also including Solaris, and ppc_linux) as well as... Pocket PC and other mobile phones. I also have the potential to manage Mac content in the upcoming months, with a new Mac installation coming in. =3

It's been a while since I've lurked the boards, but I had alot going on in this quarter, so I'm thankful that it's finally over.

Well, let's try for a different aim: Java emulators / ROM tools.
Hell, maybe I could do compatibility lists... if those are at all necessary anymore.

Well, let's try for a different aim: Java emulators / ROM tools.
Hell, maybe I could do compatibility lists... if those are at all necessary anymore.

ok, I might do it, but what's to say you won't disappear on us again?

I won't tolerate flakes. ;/

Do you have a need for any staff?

If you are looking for some content managers, I'm interested in having a hand in it. I can cover the Linux field (also including Solaris, and ppc_linux) as well as... Pocket PC and other mobile phones. I also have the potential to manage Mac content in the upcoming months, with a new Mac installation coming in. =3

It's been a while since I've lurked the boards, but I had alot going on in this quarter, so I'm thankful that it's finally over.

I'll think about it

Edit: You know, maybe I should spend this time finishing up my other ideas. I'm removing my request.

enh, whatever I guess. Honestly it was a concern brought up by another staff member, and it's a pretty valid one, and that specific reason was why I had to remove everyone in the first pace. Nothing was getting done. Can you really blame me for questioning you sticking around this time?

Back
Top Bottom