Search results

1. I

Notes on MIPS Instruction Encoding

My work in test. Please suggest informational additions or corrections and feedback on the style of the content. I wrote the reference card and notes to make understanding MIPS disassembly easier by removing the detailed focus as to which MIPS instruction set architecture "ISA" is being...
  2. I

Compression in Virtual Chess 64

Hey guys. I see a lot of [potentially] helpful assistance given here. Most of the projects don't seem similar to my field of interest, so I am curious at least just to see what reaction I get. The art in chess is conquering my past dream to continue learning programming or some hacking. As I...
  3. I

Quadratic Relation Solver

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1243708772 This would be a third major revision I have done. What does anyone think? Did I screw this up to Hell? The new algorithm is: if (a == 0) { } else if (c == 0) { if (b == 0) { x = 0; } else { x = 0 + ", " + -b / a; } } else if (b == 0) { if (c...
  4. I

Psychological Process of Learning Chess

Expository Essay (Process Analysis), Final Draft The Psychological Process of Learning Chess Comments This is supposed to be a four-page essay. I really like teaching things to develop my own understanding, so regardless if any of you have the damn balls to read through any of this spanning I...
  5. I

Pixelmap Font Support

Vector fonts for Windows versus fonts you can rip from your favorite video games. Once you have an emulator that can dump pixelmaps from texture memory (e.g. OAM Viewer for VBA, RiceVideo RDP for N64) you can rip a bitmap font using those textures and even type in them. One reason I start this...
  6. I

0^0 ?= 0

Any nonzero real number to the power of zero is postive one. Common theoretical evaluations of 0^0 are zero and positive one. It is not evaluated by software, but it was not called an undefined term. For a time the correct response was zero. I first agreed with this after thinking about...
  7. I

Sprite-Ripping Fairness

What do y'all think about ripping sprites from video games? I have read it is illegal; I want to see some text for that. I wouldn't dare to question posting dumped textures. I should think it is illegal; I just want to know details. Not often is the hard work of ripping sprites and...
Back
Top Bottom